From Brainstorming to Monetizing, the Mac is a different machine. Mac users have unique issues that can get lost in the "Sea of PC." Do use the various forums for issues that are NOT Mac-specific. But if you've got "something Mac" to talk about, this is the "all-Mac, all-day" channel.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1346936 by CARMEN IRINA from Dünn
Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:34 am
Dear fellow SBI!ers,

Does any of you know if the BB2 module works well on the iPad Pro or in any iPad?

I am thinking to upgrade my old mac, but before that I want to make sure I am targeting the right equipment. :wink:

Have a wondeful weekend!

Irina :D
#1346947 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:31 pm
Hi Irina,

The point raised in this thread : https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1345632#1345632 about iPads and BB2 being drag and drop is a good one, so an "old" iPad isn't much use. I have the iPad Air and just don't use it for page-building, much as I love it for other things. Stuff like copying and pasting is also more clunky, although of course it's possible.

But the iPad Pro has a keyboard, as I understand it, so it should be OK. Never having used one though I can't say for absolute definite.

You could always ask to log on in an Apple store and try it on one of their machines before buying just to be certain.

You've made me think about considering a new iPad Pro though ... It looks like an amazing machine.

Cath.
#1346972 by CARMEN IRINA from Dünn
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:41 am
Hi Cat,

That's a good idea!

I will do it and let you know my findings.

I love my current MacBook. We have been together since 2010, and even though it proved how tough it is (one of my preschoolers spilled water over it last week and survived after one day of drying out), I think it is time she teaches them how to read and write.

Definitely the iPad Pro looks amazing! And it is funny because precisely I was thinking: "Which new mac laptop should I buy?"

Since then I can't stop thinking about it! I really need something light to carry everywhere.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Irina
#1346987 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:13 am
CARMEN IRINA from Dünn wrote:Hi Cat,

Definitely the iPad Pro looks amazing! And it is funny because precisely I was thinking: "Which new mac laptop should I buy?"

Since then I can't stop thinking about it! I really need something light to carry everywhere.

I had exactly the same issue Irina, because I travel a lot between my homes in Italy and Scotland - and occasionally to the States. So I treated myself to a MacBook Air, which I love. It's a smaller screen than my Pro, but it's lovely and light, so very good for carrying around. It is my constant travel companion!

I'm definitely thinking about the IPad Pro though, so thanks again for the heads-up! :)

Cath.
#1347021 by Kate from US
Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:23 pm
Cath and Irina,

If one (or both :) ) of you decide on an iPad, can you let us know which model and how well it syncs within SBI!?

While my Del touch is considerable lighter than my previous laptops, traveling with a tablet would be a breeze.

Thanks so much,
Kate
#1347618 by CARMEN IRINA from Dünn
Mon May 09, 2016 10:24 pm
Hi Cath and Kate,

I did try both iPads Pro, but unfortunately they can't access the BB2 module which is a pitty.

I am wondering how many of us work in a mac just to ask Ken if the development team could work to make BB2 also accesible via tablets and smartphones.

Looking forward for your comments. :D

Irina.
#1347630 by Kate from US
Tue May 10, 2016 3:47 am
I would buy an iPad Pro if I thought I could work in it.

I look forward to the day when a tablet can accompany me as I travel vs a laptop.

Thanks for letting us know, Irina.

Kate
#1347633 by CARMEN IRINA from Dünn
Tue May 10, 2016 4:53 am
I also would like that day to come.

Anyway it was my pleasure Kate. It was a fun experience.

Irina
#1347635 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue May 10, 2016 10:19 am
Hi there Irina and Kate,

That's a shame. I thought it might work with the Pro's keyboard feature. :( I think the best way of pushing this forward (in terms of SS's developers) would be to add a thread to the Wish List part of the forums. I'd certainly support that if you wanted to start a thread, Irina - given that you tested it out on the new iPad Pro.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

Cath.
#1347644 by Will from Los Ojos
Tue May 10, 2016 11:28 am
I think the best way of pushing this forward (in terms of SS's developers) would be to add a thread to the Wish List part of the forums. I'd certainly support that if you wanted to start a thread, Irina - given that you tested it out on the new iPad Pro.

There was a thread started in the Wish List in 2012 you can post on

http://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=192346

Will
#1347708 by CARMEN IRINA from Dünn
Wed May 11, 2016 5:21 pm
Hi there Cath and Will,

Definitely I will post in the thread Will provided, and I will certainly would appreciate as much support as possible.

Lots of us are running or building our businesses on a mac, and with all that awesome technology that allow us to travel lighter than ever, we must take advantage of it.

Keep your fingers crossed and support this cause! :D

A great hug, and thank you so much for your great contributions.

Irina
#1351289 by CARMEN IRINA from Dünn
Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:45 am
Hi fellow SBI!ers,

Some months ago I started this thread because of the releasing of the iPad Pro, and then shared the dissapointing findings that it doesn't make the cut for working in BB2 (Android either.)

For all of you, that like me, might be thinking in aquiring a new gadget the answer is in Windows 10.

Under my hubby's suggestion, I went out and tryed a couple of Windows 10 laptops and tablets. It works!

The only "but" to sucessfully work with a tablet are:

- You need a keyboard (most of the modern tablets come with one included)
- At least 4 GB in RAM or everything will run slow as a snail (that's what my MacBook allows me as the top limit. It's ok, but not optimal, as my niche is very visual.)

I hope this helps. :)

Irina
[Domain Private]
#1380945 by Warren from GreenDoorIdeas.com
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm
I have an iPad4 and a Mac on my desktop. BB2 does not work on an iPad4, but my MAC Mini is fine as uses the conventional desktop browsers (Safari and Firefox). When I travel, I use a brilliant ASUS Netbook running Win10 and Firefox Browser and BB2 is a breeze. This netbook fits inside hotel safes, and is quite light to carry.