From Brainstorming to Monetizing, the Mac is a different machine. Mac users have unique issues that can get lost in the "Sea of PC." Do use the various forums for issues that are NOT Mac-specific. But if you've got "something Mac" to talk about, this is the "all-Mac, all-day" channel.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1385928 by Kathryn from Blackwater
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 pm
I sell e-books on my SBI site in PDF format, and I've never had this problem before. A customer has paid for an ebook, and was able to open and read the PDF apparently from the Success page (where they go to download the book after their payment clears), but she didn't save it or download it. Now she wants the Success page again so she can download it. From the correspondence that we've had so far, I think she doesn't have a lot of computer experience because she didn't know the difference between reading it online and downloading it. I have no experience with iPads. Can someone here walk me through the steps I need to give her so she can download the PDF from a standard SBI page? I'm not going to send her back to the Success page; instead I'll create another page with the PDF, then pull the page after a few days so she can't accidentally give it away to 101 of her best friends. That sounds a little paranoid but I've had some issues with folks sharing my PDFs around without paying for them. Thanks all.
#1385932 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:30 pm
Kathryn, don't be paranoid. If you are going to give her instructions to download, she will then have the file to share. She won't need the page.

I don't have an ipad so I can't help with actual downloading specific to that.

All my best,

Debs