From Brainstorming to Monetizing, the Mac is a different machine. Mac users have unique issues that can get lost in the "Sea of PC." Do use the various forums for issues that are NOT Mac-specific. But if you've got "something Mac" to talk about, this is the "all-Mac, all-day" channel.

Moderator: Jeff from

#1392537 by Barrie from Curries Post
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 am
Something very weird happens if you copy Lori's breadcrumb for posting on your site; whether it's only on Apple or also on a PC I wouldn't know.

The first apostrophe in “title" (sometimes once in the html code, sometimes twice) is copied incorrectly, using the curly type.

For months I've realised something has been wrong with traffic and Adsense, but not known what. Many, many, many thanks to Will who finally solved my conundrum. The Forum folk are fantastic.

Now I have hundreds of pages to fix, and already Adsense has improved dramatically.

One odd feature though: Some of my best pages have this gremlin too. Perhaps it's an 'incidental finding'; true but of no consequence.

Check the apostrophe before the word title in your breadcrumb. Perhaps you have the problem too. It appears twice.

#1392628 by Barrie from Curries Post
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:19 am
Will, should you read this, you cottoned on to it quickly. Have you heard of others having the same problem?

#1392677 by Will from Los Ojos
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 am
Hi Barrie,

The problem with the double quotes is well known. It is most noticeable when text is copied from a published page. I don't think it is PC or Mac dependent. I've not seen it occur in relation to breadcrumbs code before. Nori's original code has been changed to the new version, so I can't go back to check the original page,

#1392680 by Paul from Somewhere, out there...
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 am
Not just related to Breadcrumbs either. I have come across it in several environments....
#1393586 by Barrie from Curries Post
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:40 am
Pasting the code into Notes instead of Pages appears to the Apple solution.

#1393594 by Jeff from
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:23 pm
The thing to remember is that Pages is a word processing app. TextEdit is a text editor, with the option to do everything in plain text or rich text (formatting, etc.).

Pages will always give you curly quotes, because that's its job.