From Brainstorming to Monetizing, the Mac is a different machine. Mac users have unique issues that can get lost in the "Sea of PC." Do use the various forums for issues that are NOT Mac-specific. But if you've got "something Mac" to talk about, this is the "all-Mac, all-day" channel.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1394879 by Michael from New Limerick
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 am
Hello,

I use an imac. My site is geared towards the serious soccer player who wishes to play professionally. I would like to have a Tier 2 that allowed content 2 submissions by young players who are hoping to be found. I really would like to be able to have them embed a video on to this site.

Any and all suggestions/thoughts welcome.
#1394900 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:55 pm
Teesta, from what I read at Wikipedia, the server must offer the Oembed service for it to work. We don't offer that.

However, you could put a wish in the Wish List for it to see if it gets traction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OEmbed

All my best,

Debs
#1394952 by Paul from Somewhere, out there...
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:17 pm
Hi Teesta

As Debs says an oEmbed is a type of video embed commonly used in Wordpress and won't help you here. So everyone knows the background - Teesta and I have spoken about this in a Pro session so I have changed the subject to fit the broader question.

And Teesta, I have an idea that may get us a little along the way towards your goal.

First, I have spent some time looking at this and don't see how it can be done with a C2. You can't natively embed scripts in there which is what you are trying to do. I did see a possible workaround here; https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1349127#p1349127 but someone may hop along here for you or you could ask support for help in your particular case.

The good news is that if you can get it working in a C2 than this could work. If not, the less elegant solution would be to have them do the following, though it means you will need to crate the page yourself.

So, there are 2 main resources. Jotform, and WISTIA (which you can source via SBI Resources; http://sbiresources.sitesell.com/#WISTIA) . (Declaration - I manage this service but I know of no other video host that has this function unless they uploaded to YouTube and provided you with a link. (This way though, you can control the video more effectively.)

The two functions are not fully integrated but with a bit of CSS it may be possible to make it look as though they are. Jotform is free for 100 submissions which will certainly get you going.

I recall you wanted soccer players to have the ability to list the clubs they wanted to work with and the Club Name form should enable that. I'm sure you can do better with the display!

There is so much you can do with Jotform including auto responders and so it may just work for you with your skills and background. :D The only problem with the free version is you get a plug for Jotform once someone uploads, but it doesn't prevent them submitting.

The only problem I am having is the email advice once the form is submitted. It is not providing the full information but it is in their system in my account so I will follow up with them. It may be a temporary bug.

Have a look here and give it a go! I really hope this opens some new doors for you.
[Domain Private]
Paul
#1395019 by Michael from New Limerick
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:17 am
Hi Paul,

I just saw that you responded. Thank you so much. I will look at the link and review it in detail later this evening or tomorrow. I hope you are keeping well.
#1395023 by Paul from Somewhere, out there...
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:51 am
No problem Teesta

Reading my post I realised I need to be clear that this is only a way of collecting your information. Its not really going to help you with your desire to have a "pre-fabricated" form that people can fill out as a C2.

It may just be that you supply with them with the info that you want in the Invitation- eg clubs, name, age etc etc etc, and, as you have to approve C2's before they are published anyway, use that opportunity to edit and layout the material in a meaningful way. Ultimately, once your submissions really start mounting up a VA could do it for you.

As for the videos, the principles will still apply. Unless you settle for the YouTube link, (and I have seen in another post this could be an issue for you) then it seems to me getting them to upload (explained above) you may be the way to go there as well. We will need to resolve the script issue for the embed as well but I think that will be doable.

Hope this makes it all a little clearer.
Paul