Need HTML? Want to use CSS (cascading style sheets)? Need a touch of help with Javascript, Java, or other coding language? Whether through SBI!'s BlockBuilder 2 or your own HTML Editor, post here. Push the envelope. Learn basics (ex., how to format your text, add tables) or go as "out there" as you like. Problems? Questions? Help and be helped.

Moderators: Laura from Chautauqua, Will from Los Ojos

#1374245 by Kim from New Farm
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:13 am
Hi everyone

I posted in another forum where I received help :D to instal some code to display a search box for a tour company. Here's the post https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=222700&p=1373999#p1373999

The code is installed on this page: [Domain Private]/new-zealand-self-drive-tours.html

The search box and the images underneath it link to a tour company that will pay me a commission on any referrals that lead to bookings.

The problem I have though, is how do I know when someone clicks through to the tour company website from my search box or from the images?

I don't think the click throughs will display in the "Click Data" in my Traffic Center.

Is there another way to track them?

Appreciate your kind help.

regards

Dave
#1374263 by Help Elf from SiteSell
Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:04 am
Hi Dave.

Since all of the links are created by inside a JavaScript widget, there's no way to add tracking code. If this company is an affiliate company, then they do the tracking for you. If they're not, they should still do the tracking for you.

Whether you trust them to do honest and accurate tracking is something you'll have to decide for yourself after getting to know the company.