Need HTML? Want to use CSS (cascading style sheets)? Need a touch of help with Javascript, Java, or other coding language? Whether through SBI!'s BlockBuilder 2 or your own HTML Editor, post here. Push the envelope. Learn basics (ex., how to format your text, add tables) or go as "out there" as you like. Problems? Questions? Help and be helped.

Moderators: Laura from Chautauqua, Will from Los Ojos

#1387845 by Ken from Rathmullan
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm
Hi everyone,

I started using breadcrumbs on the site with code from the TNT Article http://sbitips.sitesell.com/breadcrumb-navigation.html. Works fine and I uploaded a couple of pages a few days ago. This morning though when I tried to upload a Tier three it wouldn't upload citing Meta tags outside the head section. The code for the breadcrumbs uses meta tags. When I hit Upload it just said:

Sorry, Errors Found
Your File Has Not Been Uploaded

Your "basic-chess-rules.html" file cannot be uploaded because it contains one or more errors that will adversely affect its performance in your visitors' browsers.

Please correct the following errors and re-upload your file...
3 <META> tags after the HEAD section.

Has anyone else seen this problem or what would you suggest?

Thanks
Ken
#1387879 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:43 am
Sounds like you are uploading an html file and not using BB2 right? I wonder if the issue is related to that?

I use Nori's breadcrumb code on my site, and have not had any issues with it, but I'm using it in an html block in BB2 and not uploading an html file.

The article says something about using an alternate CSS code instead. Have you tried the css version of the code? Does that version give you an error as well? (I've not tried the css version of the code.)

Nori's instructions only talk about using the html block. I don't see any instructions for uploading your own files. I wonder if maybe breadcrumbs don't work with an html file? There must be a version of the code for people who upload their own files, but I don't know what it could be.
#1387889 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:19 pm
The new version of the code in the article includes meta tags, while the older one (the original code in Nori's article) doesn't have meta tags.

Ken, if you know the file is fine in every other way, you can bypass UYOH by uploading the file with Quick Upload It!, which won't check for things like too many meta tags.

However, I think it would be good if you sent this to Support, so that the developers can change the checking logic to ignore those meta tags.
#1387906 by Ken from Rathmullan
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:39 pm
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Yes Wendy, you're correct, I'm uploading HTML files. I think the CSS version would still be rejected because the HTML part of that still has the meta tags. I thought of Jeff's idea later on last night when I realized that the other pages I uploaded with the code were done by Quick Upload. I went to Search Engine HQ and analyzed some of them and they analyzed fine. So I believe that's the work around. I'm going to build them through the Upload Your HTML Page Module without the breadcrumbs and then Quick Upload them with it immediately after. I think you're right Jeff, I'll send this to Support so they can look at it.