SBI!ers, like life itself, are very much a case of "slow-steady-sure wins the race." Too many solopreneurs think that the prize goes to the "Get Rich Quick" ("GRQ") hare. Do YOU know a single person who actually GOT Rich Quick? No, while the hare flits from one "biz-opp" to another, the steady, persistent tortoise RULES. Have a success to share, a failure you need help with? Share it, and solve it here!

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1369034 by Carl from New York
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 pm
Hey Solo Builders,

Carl here, I wonder, is it just me or has anyone else taken a year and still not published a domain name, let alone their first site?

I feel I am taking too long. I also find it difficult to move forward in my research. I know I want my site to be the best. I am or must be close to the slowest tortoise ever born, LOL.

I know one thing is for sure! I had better get a move on this site or else.

Why do I lack the momentum, the inspiration? Why is this so dang hard?

Any encouragement is appreciated. I hate to sound like a broken record. :|
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Water Cooler to here.
#1369037 by Forum Admin
Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:13 pm
Hey Carl, try not to be so hard on yourself! It's great that you posted this because many SBIers have been in your shoes before. In fact one of our most popular (and ultimately very successful) SBIers, Elad, took months and months to choose his niche. He actually had to enlist the help of his younger sister to help him decide and go for it. He never looked back and does not regret in the least, taking the time he did. He also says if he hadn't taken all that time he would have probably gone with a highly competitive and broad niche and would have ended up stuck in a cubicle working.

At the same time, it's probably time for you to ask yourself if you are maybe stuck in a "ready, aim - ready, aim" mode. Sooner or later, you need to accept that you've completed DAYs 1-5 (assuming you have!) to the best of your ability and move on. Sooner or later, you need to... fire.

I encourage you to take the weekend, talk to family and friends and come back next week and, assuming you've done your research and have a theme that excites you, maybe it's time for you to just go for it.

You CAN do this, Carl!

Erin
Forum Admin
#1369043 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:22 pm
Sometimes, the fear of actually taking that first step is paralyzing. This is known as 'analysis paralysis' where you are constantly second guessing yourself, worrying that maybe this niche isn't right for you, and maybe there's also some imposter syndrome in there too (who do I think I am, telling all these people that I know what I'm talking about?).

As Erin says, pull the trigger, and get going :)
#1369048 by Carl from New York
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 pm
Hey thank you Erin and Janet.

I will attempt to move through day 4 to 5 then Fire!!

Keep praying for me ok. :mrgreen:

Chag Pesach Sameach to you all {Happy Passover to you all}
#1369065 by Mary from Mico
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:38 am
Hi Carl,

I'd like to post my encouragement, too. I think Erin and Jacki are spot on.

So many times, if we do not already know what we want to do it' hard to make a decision. Brainstorming can be a huge help, but 5000 words can look like a brick wall.

Hopefully talking to family and friends can funnel all the work you've done into a wonderful opportunity.

Happy Easter to you, too! Well, almost. :-)

Mary
#1369884 by Carl from New York
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 pm
Mary from Mico wrote:Hi Carl,

I'd like to post my encouragement, too. I think Erin and Jacki are spot on.

Hey Mary,

Thank you very much. I have chosen my domain name and will be registering it shortly.

Forging onward tortoise style! Full speed ahead!! :mrgreen::arrow:
#1369900 by Mary from Mico
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:27 pm
Hi Carl.

I'm looking forward to seeing your domain name and first pages. Let us know!

Best wishes.

Mary
#1373766 by Carl from New York
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:13 am
Mary from Mico wrote:Hi Carl.

I'm looking forward to seeing your domain name and first pages. Let us know!

Best wishes.

Mary

Well Mary, I finally registered my domain name. I posted all about my experience in the Water Cooler because my experience was Um, lets just say it was Colorful, LOL :lol:

Here's the Link to that Forum Thread.

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=222888&start=0&
#1373886 by Mary from Mico
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:01 am
Congratulations Carl!

I think that your domain name describes what you've described about your interests, so that's going to be very helpful. And thank you for the link.

Congratulations again!

Mary
#1376810 by Marina from Canada
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:21 pm
Hi Carl,

Congratulations on choosing your domain name!

I relate so much to Jacki's comment: "The fear of actually taking that first step is paralyzing". I have absolutely found that to be true with every big step of this website and business building.

I dreamt for several years of creating online courses for my site, and only took the plunge and began a month ago. It seemed absolutely overwhelming and terrifying, yet in this short time it has already become my favorite aspect of building the site, and I can't wait to be able to create courses full-time.

My point is that it doesn't matter how long it takes - you absolutely can do this!

Also - I look forward to your site! I'm currently a Sculpture student in the Masters of Fine Arts program at Alfred University, which specializes in glass (though I haven't worked with it very much).

All the best!
-Marina