SBI!ers, like life itself, are very much a case of "slow-steady-sure wins the race." Too many solopreneurs think that the prize goes to the "Get Rich Quick" ("GRQ") hare. Do YOU know a single person who actually GOT Rich Quick? No, while the hare flits from one "biz-opp" to another, the steady, persistent tortoise RULES. Have a success to share, a failure you need help with? Share it, and solve it here!

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1385429 by Maria from Malmesbury
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:18 pm
Well done Dan. I actually used your site the other day - came up near the top on Google. Didn't realise it was yours until a little while into using it.

You really do answer a need for people across the globe and so deserve your success. There is no better example than you that I know of to illustrate BAM!
#1385434 by Dan from Saint Albans Bay
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Thank you again everyone. I'm by overwhelmed by the all "attaboys" and sincerely hope all SBI'rs stick with the SBI process long enough to achieve their goals.

My site is living proof that the process works. You just have to keep building pages that help your visitors solve a problem or answer a question, over and above what your competitors offer. And you never really know which pages are going to take off. When I built the Reverse Due Date Calculator, I never dreamed it would someday get visited 4,000 times a day, or accumulate over 2,600 Likes.

I just kept my head down and kept building problem-solving, question-answering pages around sweet-spot keywords related to my niche, trusting that a few of them would eventually turn into 20%'rs (80-20 rule).

ken-admin wrote:The other point that struck me is how far you can go without a "stunning, modern site design." That said, I usually advise folks who have grown to your level (well near it, anyway ;-) ) that a more sophisticated look would serve them well. On the other hand, there's a personal feel that works well here, so I'm really not sure especially given the ease of use and your ongoing growth.

I've been working on a redesign since March, one that combines the mobile and desktop sites into a single responsive design. Beta page can be seen here:

[url=[Domain Private]/millionaire-calculator.html]Millionaire Calculator[/url]

I'm hoping to launch the redesign by year-end, once things have settled down after the pending conversion to https. That is, if I can get up the courage to potentially break what may not need fixing. :? After three months of begging my visitors and email subscribers for feedback on the new design, my redesign visitor feedback folder is still empty. :(

Mary from Mico wrote:Funny note: This week one of our children is working for someone who makes his living sending traffic to peoples' sites (Facebook ads I think) who also asked what my daily limits were in case he could send traffic, too. I almost told her to show him your site. She asked me to compile some info. If it's okay with you, I still can include your site as I have not sent him the info that I took the time to double-check with Support.

I'm not sure what the daily limit is, or if there is one, but I've yet to reach it. Feel free to include my site as an example.

Claude from hamradiosecrets.com wrote:As a bonus,
1. you did not have to pay a penny more for this massive amount of traffic.
2. The server, on which your SBI! site resides, did not even skip a beat!

Yes! I still can't believe I built a business to this size for $29 a month and the cost of a computer. :shock: Contrast that to the restaurant I bought in 1987 for $300,000, only to end up giving it back to the bank after 6 years of working 80-hour weeks. Amazing!

Claude from hamradiosecrets.com wrote:There must be someone out there who would love to be allowed to be exposed to that kind of traffic!

That's why I was disappointed when Trafeze didn't materialize. :( However, ever since Ezoic started effectively optimizing my ads (1 year ago), I couldn't be happier with my income level. And best part is, I don't have to spend any time on monetization (set it and forget it). Instead I'm free to just focus on my labor of love ... creating and improving online calculators.

MHQ: Can Ezoic's Ad-Testing Service Make Your Site More Income?

Claude from hamradiosecrets.com wrote:P.S. Hmmm! Calculators ... ham radio ... I wonder... :)

Are their any calculations/formulas used in conjunction with ham radios? :D

Best wishes,

Dan
#1385620 by Tobias & Stephanie from Hardyville
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:49 am
Congratulations Dan! That's amazing to think that you're reaching and helping so many people each month.

Let's suppose that each page-view represents a person saving 3 minute vs trying to do their calculation some other way. Then 3 million minutes = 6 years of time you saved people each month. Over the course of a year, you saved people 72 years of time. Almost a whole lifetime!

Tobias
#1385671 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:14 pm
{{{hugs}}} that's wonderful! :D

Most I've had yet was 77k one month, but it was a 1 time fluke caused by a brief search trend, most months it's 14k to 20k. My current goal is to reach 50k consistently, so I've got a ways to go before I have million month goals I think. :P
#1385673 by Mary from Mico
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello Dan,

Dan from Saint Albans Bay wrote:
Mary from Mico wrote:Funny note: This week one of our children is working for someone who makes his living sending traffic to peoples' sites (Facebook ads I think) who also asked what my daily limits were in case he could send traffic, too. I almost told her to show him your site. She asked me to compile some info. ...

I'm not sure what the daily limit is, or if there is one, but I've yet to reach it. Feel free to include my site as an example.

Dan

thank you Dan.

This next would be funny if it were not so sad.

I found out that he has to hurry home at night to shut off his site so he does not run over his limit.

'Not sure what that means or how one would do that, yet the mere idea of it makes me SO grateful we have SBI.

Thanks to Ken and techs; and thank you Dan for your real life example!

Mary
#1385684 by Greg from Graves Mill
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 am
Hi Dan,

Great news. Congrats and well deserved!

Thanks again for the time to pick your brain a little - I enjoyed our conversation and appreciate you sharing.

Hope your golf game is ready for Mexico. :)

Injoy,
Greg
#1385919 by John from best-microcontroller-projects.com
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:29 pm
Briliiant stuff Dan, congrats.

Mary when you said,

"I found out that he has to hurry home at night to shut off his site so he does not run over his limit."

Other hosts charge you money when your bandwidth goes too high, which means the more visitors you get (bandwidh) the more you have to pay; suddenly you'll get a notification to pay up or the site is closed until you do. Most people don't have this "nice?" problem since they never get much traffic anyway and don't realise you have to pay over a certain limit.
#1385927 by Dan from Saint Albans Bay
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Thank you again everyone.

Mary from Mico wrote:This next would be funny if it were not so sad.

I found out that he has to hurry home at night to shut off his site so he does not run over his limit.

Wow! Apparently he hasn't monetized his traffic very well. Otherwise the extra traffic should certainly pay for any added hosting costs. You should sign him up to SBI! :lol:

BTW, I'm also happy to report that after converting to https last Friday -- something I've been dreading for months -- visits and pageviews are actually up 6% over the same 5 days a week ago. What?! :shock:

I fully expected traffic to drop by 10-15% as reported by others, and I'm guessing that could still happen, but so far so good! SBI and Ezoic really had my back on this one.

All my best,

Dan
#1385974 by Mary from Mico
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:06 pm
Hi John,

Thank you for the explanation. I "knew" that, yet it's an entirely 'nuther thing to realize it in real life. Good for him gaining traffic.

Hi Dan, Yes. That's immediately what I thought, he must not be earning the difference (but oh, for time to write all I'd like to share!). Every SBI link I've sent was an affiliate link and I've been explaining it the best I know - yet lightly, because he's super smart.

His response was to exclaim, "Wow!".... Sitesell is leaving huge money on the table! :shock:

Thank you Ken and all!

A huge congratulations on your traffic increase!!!! I am so glad that SBI and Ezoic had you covered.

Mary