A completely different and 100% effective way to manage spam and viruses, it is a unique blend of automation AND human control and fine-tuning. Try MX It! to use outside services like Google Apps Gmail to handle all your email needs. This is the place for feedback regarding all things SVBI! and using Webmail, as well as setting up your email.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1386307 by Saima from Queenstown
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:34 pm
Hello!
My site has been up and running for a few months now, but I have just peeked into webmail and I was a little confused by all the info there. Going to ask a few very basic questions!
When people reach me through the contact form, will I receive their emails in the default account set up by SBI for me?
If someone knew this default email address already, would they be able to reach me directly? Or would I have to whitelist the sender’s email first? I asked someone to send me a test e-mail but it did not come through. So, is Spam and Virus Blast It activated and is this what prevented the e-mail from getting through? (However, when I sent a test email to this default email from my personal email address, it appeared in webmail!)
The Help suggests that I can create multiple email addresses. Why would I need to do that? Isn’t one email address enough?
Thanks for any answers in advance.
Saima
#1386320 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi Saima,

When people reach me through the contact form, will I receive their emails in the default account set up by SBI for me?

Yes, unless you set your FBI! form to deliver the emails to a different email address. You could even cc your own private email so you know you have FBI! submissions to handle, or reply from your private email if you prefer that. It is totally up to you.

If someone knew this default email address already, would they be able to reach me directly? Or would I have to whitelist the sender’s email first? I asked someone to send me a test e-mail but it did not come through. So, is Spam and Virus Blast It activated and is this what prevented the e-mail from getting through? (However, when I sent a test email to this default email from my personal email address, it appeared in webmail!)

If they are not on your whitelist, then no, they won't get through. This helps to take care of a lot of spam emails. However they are sent instructions on how to whitelist themselves. So if they do that, they will get through. If you want to test emails, you could set up a temporary wormhole, and test using that, then delete when you are done (or make it permanent and keep it). One note however, ALWAYS use contact forms on your site, never put your email address there or you will be inundated with spam.

The Help suggests that I can create multiple email addresses. Why would I need to do that? Isn’t one email address enough?

For some it is; others want different emails for different uses. One might be a permanent wormhole, another a temporary one, and others might be just for forms for instance. Others want more so others can work in Webmail too.

All my best,

Debs
#1386324 by Saima from Queenstown
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 pm
Thank you so much, Debs for clarifying these points.
Warm regards,
Saima