A completely different and 100% effective way to manage spam and viruses, it is a unique blend of automation AND human control and fine-tuning. Try MX It! to use outside services like Google Apps Gmail to handle all your email needs. This is the place for feedback regarding all things SVBI! and using Webmail, as well as setting up your email.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1389960 by Bill from Galvin
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:46 pm
Not sure if this is the right forum but I have a question about G-mail.

I have three G-mail addresses lets say they are:
[Email Private]
[Email Private]
[Email Private]

Billprivate is my "primary" address. I have Billsales and Billoffice set up to forward to Billprivate so I only have to look in one place to see any e-mails I get. That all works fine however .....

Lets say Mike sends an email to Billoffice, I look at it in my primary email. If I reply to it, when Mike gets my reply it will have come from Billprivate instead of Billoffice which is who he sent the original email to. The only way I can see to avoid this is to log into my Billoffice email and then reply. This defeats the whole purpose of the forwarding which is to only have to look in one place :)

So does anyone know if there is a way to make the "correct" return address show ?

Have I confused you ? Anyone have any ideas or do I just have to keep going back to the correct e-mail page to do replies ?

Thanks !
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Email Marketing/Newsletters to here.
#1389992 by Bill from Galvin
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 am
Juri from plainlight.com wrote:Hi Bill,

In Settings of Gmail, under Accounts, you can choose to reply from the same address the incoming message was sent to.

I think this can do the trick.

Kind regards,
J.

Juri,
I have searched for a half hour and simply cannot find that option ????? I have looked in every part of "settings" that I can see. Are you certain it is still an option ? If you can find it maybe you could post a screen shot of where you are looking. I am usually very good at finding this stuff but this one has me stumped if it does exist.

Thanks!
#1390011 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 am
Bill, do you see a little down pointing triangle like this to the right side of your From: address? If you do, that's where Google hides the drop-down menu with your alternate emails.

If you don't see that triangle beside [Email Private] I suggest that you search out a YouTube video on how to create and use Gmail aliases or a Gmail alias.
#1390014 by Juri from plainlight.com
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Bill,

I use a "text only" Gmail interface [sorry, screenshots below are in German]. There, settings are available from the menu in the top right corner:

Screenshot-2018-1-11 Gmail - Posteingang.png
Gmail menu
Screenshot-2018-1-11 Gmail - Posteingang.png (4.24 KiB) Viewed 115 times

In the next screen, click on Accounts tab and select the radio button with the desired behaviour:

Screenshot-2018-1-11 Gmail - Einstellungen(1).png
Reply from the address the incoming message was sent to
Screenshot-2018-1-11 Gmail - Einstellungen(1).png (68.51 KiB) Viewed 115 times

With "standard" interface, I'd expect the menu somewhere near the hamburger button.

Kind regards,
J.
#1390026 by Bill from Galvin
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm
Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration wrote:Bill, do you see a little down pointing triangle like this to the right side of your From: address? If you do, that's where Google hides the drop-down menu with your alternate emails.

If you don't see that triangle beside [Email Private] I suggest that you search out a YouTube video on how to create and use Gmail aliases or a Gmail alias.

Nancy,
Thank you. That was the key, setting up the aliases. If you do not have the aliases set up then you will not see the option that Juri was showing.

Thanks to both of you. Problem solved !!!