A completely different and 100% effective way to manage spam and viruses, it is a unique blend of automation AND human control and fine-tuning. Try MX It! to use outside services like Google Apps Gmail to handle all your email needs. This is the place for feedback regarding all things SVBI! and using Webmail, as well as setting up your email.

Moderator: Jeff from dogquotations.com

#1396069 by Catherine from englishhints.com
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:18 pm

I set up an account with Zoho last spring. I wish I hadn't... Most visits there are OK, but they don't recognize my password and require me to reset it just about every time I need to log in. (I usually stay logged in, as my computer is secure here, but whenever I clear my browser cache and cookies I need to log in again.)

This is a problem, because when I registered they asked for a cell phone number, so I gave them my husband's. (I don't have one.) I haven't been able to change my contact info over to my email with them. They are also very slow to respond, so it's very hard to get a new password set.

A week ago I tried to log in (with the exact password I'd saved from the preceding time), and when I couldn't, I wrote to them from my email address explaining the situation and providing all kinds of identification, including the verification code and CNAME from the registration process.

They say it's not enough. This is the latest message they sent

Hello ,
Thank you for writing to us.
We apologise for the inconvenience. The attachment which you provided is not sufficient for the validation.Kindly attach the screenshot of the domain validation and MX records so that we can provide you the password link for the [Email Private]

Kindly login to your domain management page and create a CNAME record with hostname ZAC22060552, point it to domain.zoho.com and set TTL to 1 hour . Please provide us the screenshot of the page where you have updated the CNAME in your DNS zone file page.

Please click on the below link for Domain validation.

https://adminconsole.wiki.zoho.com/doma ... ation.html

Kindly go through the above mentioned links. If you are unable to get these information please contact your domain provider who will be able to assist you in taking up the screenshot of domain validation.

Once we provide the password reset link you can login to accounts.zoho.com using [Email Private] --> my profile info --> add recovery phone number after which you can use new phone number to recover your password.

Regards,
Zoho Team

It looks to me like I need to repeat almost the whole registration process-- and they'll still want a phone number rather than email address from me!

I can't even find the SBI instructions for changing to Zoho anymore. I so wish I had never changed! (I was worried about new students contacting me and their messages being deleted if I hadn't whitelisted them.) I have found Zoho very difficult-- & Support is slow-- understandable since it's free...

How do I "log into [my] domain management page and create a CNAME record"? Can Support help me, or should I try to get a Sitesell Professional? (I was trying to save the expense, but it looks like I will need help!)

Thanks for any advice or explanations-- I'm in over my head! :shock:
#1396088 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 am
Hi Catherine. Infin It is the tool you need to use. The letter/number series goes into the CNAME box. Domain.zoho.com goes into the second box.

There's no way to set the TTL to 1 hour, so I hope they don't create a problem about that.

Once you've entered everything, take your screenshot, then save everything in Infin It and send the screenshot to Zoho.
#1396093 by Catherine from englishhints.com
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:09 am
Thanks, Jeff! A little while ago I found that InfinIt! page and put the letter-number sequence in the first box (labeled subdomain name) and their domain name in the 2nd box, and sent them a screenshot (without actually pushing the Add it button to make a new subdomain)-- so maybe they'll accept it...I was just guessing, though. It's reassuring to hear I found the right boxes, & that I didn't just miss the place to set TTL...When I first found it, I thought it couldn't be right-- I don't need a subdomain!

I hope they'll take it! Thanks so much for the answer!
#1396338 by Catherine from englishhints.com
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:01 pm
I think everything is finally cleared up with Zoho :) -- after well more than a week. The problem is that I don't have a cell phone and it gets complicated when passwords can only be reset via cell-- and I triggered problems when I tried getting them to help me via my email.

This morning we had a long call and three Support people walked me through what we needed to do to get everything restored. They were very helpful and patient. I'm just noting it here so I don't leave it sounding like they would not help. Now I also know I need to change my password every three months-- before it's done for me! (Apparently, they had sent messages to change it that I hadn't received.)
#1396341 by Janice from Creede
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:18 pm
Hi Catherine

I can totally feel your pain. I recently went with Zoho for both of my sites and I do love the idea of having an email address that looks like it is coming directly from the site, But... It was really hard to get it set up so I ended up having a Pro do it for me and the learning curve to get it working right was more than I had suspected. I finally switched back to their previous version and now I can find most of the tools I need.

I do believe that many sites are going towards using a cell phone as a backup for signing in. I guess the security is good, but it does seem to take a lot of time and it is a nuisance.