Brainstorm It! is the only niche-finding and keyword researching tool that you will ever need. Its two major parts, Brainstormer and Master Keyword List, combine to deliver unparalleled information and insights into your website content and structure. Share your best tips, ideas and strategies here.

Moderator: Mary from Mico

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1376676 by Joel from East Orleans
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:26 am
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure who is going through this. Im on Day 2 and for some reason my head is spinning. I dont understand half of what the video is talking about.. I hear the instructor but I am not grasping what is being taught.. I'm trying to stick with it but I feel like its not beginner friendly at all. Any advise will be appreciated.
#1376677 by Dee from Cape Cod
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:14 am
Hi Joel -

I understand completely. I felt the same way when I started. Heck, I still do on occasion! :oops::lol:

If you haven't already done this, I'd recommend that you spend a few hours watching the entire Action Guide (videos) from beginning to end. Don't try to do any of the steps, don't take notes, don't put any pressure on yourself to "get it" right away. Just relax and watch and get a sense of the overall picture. Once you know where you're going, it's easier to wrap your head around the individual steps for getting there. (At least it was for me!)

After you've watched the entire AG, go back to DAY 1 and start again. Take it slowly. Baby steps! When you get to something you don't understand or that doesn't make sense to you, don't be tempted to skip ahead. (Seemingly "little stuff" can mean a lot to your ultimate success.) Stop, and come to the forums with your questions. There are lots of friendly people here who'll do their best to help you.

And last but not least, don't put too much pressure on yourself. You'll "get" it. Really, you will. Remember: you're learning a whole new language and building a business from the ground up. It'll take time, but it's worth it in the end!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums ...

Best Regards,

Dee
#1376683 by Joel from East Orleans
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:24 am
Hi Dee,

I really do appreciate your advise. Everything you said made sense to me. I'm definitely going to follow your advice. Thanks a million.

Joel
#1376685 by Mary from Mico
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 am
Hi Joel!

Me too!

And Dee's words are perfectly what helped me. She wrote what I would absolutely recommend for you.

Spinning? Just ride the merry go round awhile, it will make sense as time goes.

Like Dee wrote, I especially benefited from having "watched" the Action Guide all the way through and after that, having opened a second window to re "do" the AG step by step.

Sometimes this literally meant watching 30 seconds of the AG and then doing the assignment for about 10 to 50 minutes - the kind of time some brainstorms can take. My only regrets are where I ever veered from the AG advice.....

[Edited to note: I'm so glad to see your response to Dee's comment.]

Be encouraged! You have a treasure in your hands!

Mary
#1376693 by Ian from I'm not sure :)
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:16 am
Hi, the advice given here is priceless, and so valid.

Even some of us here how have been doing it for a while sometimes have our heads spinning, so my idea is to take a step back, breathe thru the nose, change your mental space, and try again (later, or tomorrow).

IAN :)
#1376755 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:35 pm
Hello Joel,

WEll, you sound perfectly normal to me! Turning it around - maybe you should be worried if your head wasn't spinning with all that new information.

Absolutely follow the above advice. :-)

Don't work for too long at a go. Take it in half-hour steps. Watch, listen, think. Rinse and repeat - the same video, for as often as you need. Let it sink in. Sleep on it.

You won't believe how many times I've been ready to chuck my laptop right out of the window in the early days! It's all part of the process though. And when you DO get it - you'll be even more chuffed!

Elly
#1376761 by Dee from Cape Cod
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:05 pm
Elly from professional-counselling.com wrote:You won't believe how many times I've been ready to chuck my laptop right out of the window in the early days!

Only in the early days, Elly? I still feel like chucking mine out a window at least twice a week! :lol:

(Just kidding, Joel. At this point, my "computer-chucking" urges are rare ... maybe a couple times a year. But it does happen to all of us!)
Elly from professional-counselling.com wrote:And when you DO get it - you'll be even more chuffed!

"Chuffed"? What a wonderful word! Of course, I have no idea what it means; but I gather it's a good thing?! :)

Dee
#1376786 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 am

:-), Dee, chuffed is less formal for pleased. :-)

Elly
#1376966 by Clare from Concepcion
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 pm
And dis-chuffed could be less formal for about-to-chuck-the-laptop-out-the-window doncha think Elly :wink:

Clare
(Anuvver Brit)
#1376988 by Joel from East Orleans
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:11 am
Hi everyone...

Just wanted to say thank you for all the encouraging words... I read all the response I've received. I am going to take it one step at a time....rinse and repeat....

Joel
#1376993 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 am
Joel, you are very welcome. Best wishes for your success. :-)

Clare. Yes, you could say that.

Elly
(Dutch)
#1377818 by ken-admin
Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:46 am
Hi Joel,

It's a lot, I know. My best advice...

1) Read the entire AG, slowly enough to understand the path you'll be taking, but not so slowly that you're trying to understand all the details. Read it all. You'll find there's nothing impossible, that it all makes sense.

2) Then start over. Each DAY is a major step that breaks down into mid-sized steps, each of which have do-able smaller step-by-steps.

--

I've told the following story a few times now, but it's worth repeating...

My first summer job in high school was working in Quality Control for a pharmaceutical company. There were 30 or so different assays to learn (to determine if the right amount of drug was in each type of tablet that they produced).

They were involved and complicated - some took hours, had tons of steps... and I didn't even know how to use a pipette, let alone know even the simplest lab technique.

I didn't think I'd ever get those assays right.

Luckily, my boss was a wonderful person - Bonnie. She'd encourage patiently, correct constructively and praise cheerfully when I'd get the smallest thing right. And, more interestingly, she'd explain WHY each step was important.

That last part ("the why") wasn't actually important to do an assay, although it is in SBI!. Knowing the why enables you to get better once the actual step-by-step gets so routine that you can better focus on buiding the best site and business possible.

Anyway, you can see where this is heading (or I would not be telling the story ;-) )...

By the end of the summer, even the most complex assay was routine. I looked back at the beginning of summer and I honestly couldn't remember why I had found it so hard.

And THAT is something that many SBIers have themselves said, right here in these forums. It SEEMS much harder than it actually is. Don't be afraid of it, nor of making mistakes.

Once you reach DAY 5, if it's still not clear, repeat from DAY 2. It'll make more sense a third time through (your first time being the read-through).

It's not EASY to build a business, online or off. Anyone who says it is, well, s/he's lying.

But it IS definitely DO-able. Hang in there - it's worth the effort.

And oh yes - there are lots of "Bonnie's" here to help as you need it.

Persevere and good luck!

All the best,
Ken