Brainstorm It! is the only niche-finding and keyword researching tool that you will ever need. Its two major parts, Brainstormer and Master Keyword List, combine to deliver unparalleled information and insights into your website content and structure. Share your best tips, ideas and strategies here.

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1381119 by David from California
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:00 pm
At best the results shown on a SEHQ Keyword Brainstorm are misleading. At worst they could result in a person wasting a lot of time going off in the wrong direction and possibly making serious errors in judgement.

EXAMPLES of inaccurate datum:

On my Peru site, the word "tab" is #4 for SE visitors and "tab" is #3 on my sea glass site.

Peru site also shows that I have 1 page titled "url." I have no pages with that title..

On my sea glass site, the highest number of SE Visitors is for "www." Huh? Do people search for www and find my page? Of course not.

On my sea glass site, the keyword "glass beach fort bragg california" shows 0 pages. However, if I click on the 40 visitors shown for that KW, it shows that they were all for my page titled exactly "glass beach fort bragg california.".

Although the above ridiculous results would probably not hurt anyone, they cast a big doubt on all the other results shown.

If such unrealistic data is returned, then can the rest the results be trusted?

No.
#1381133 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm
David from California wrote:If such unrealistic data is returned, then can the rest the results be trusted?
I think it all comes down to using your head on this. If it looks like it's skewed, then use a different method to back up the data. I use several, so if one is out of whack I can tell immediately.
#1381141 by Adrian from fixingscreens.com
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:58 pm
If the wordtracker results that SBI SEHQ uses were 100% accurate I think all of us would be fantastically rich right now becasue it would make it easy to pick winning keywords. But unfortunately no keyword can truly be researched by just looking at demand and supply numbers. At best they are just educated guesses.

Even so, For a person just starting their website, I dont think you can go too far wrong using purely supply, demand and profitability data. It will still serve your niche well and a few of the pages created from the keywords will do well.

As time goes by, you can vet the keywords by checking them in SiteInfo and in Google, and getting a much better idea of what the real search intent really is. You can also look at your successful pages, and think of new related keywords that will probably do well based on your new found experience.

The other thing is this is a an all emcompassing service for $299 USD. Wordtracker alone costs more than that. Just about every other paid keyword research tool cost five times as much. And are no better at picking keywords than SBI. I have seen industrial and commercial websites where the owners have paid $50,000 and they have zero traffic !

For the money, SBI's SEHQ is hands down the best.

If you are not sure about the results, do what Mikhail Gorbachev liked to say,

"Trust - But Verify !"
#1381149 by David from California
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 pm
Good comments! Those who have been around awhile probably know that I always overreact when I come across something screwy. :shock:

That doesn't mean that I don't value BI. I always use it before writing a new page. Always. Its infomation, as stated by y'all, is invaluable. :D

Just a head's up about relying tooooo much on what appears there. :?

I also, will stick to the old Demand / Supply / Profitability and common sense rather than getting too excited about SEHQ results or the lack of them.

:wink:
#1381201 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:59 pm
David from California wrote:I also, will stick to the old Demand / Supply / Profitability and common sense rather than getting too excited about SEHQ results or the lack of them.
Good plan. I also look at keywords that are finding my site already and either building dedicated pages for those, or just adding them in (as headlines, image file names, etc) to an existing page. These are not in my MKL. There is always more to learn.
#1381235 by David from California
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 am
Jacki from Macleod wrote: I also look at keywords that are finding my site already and either building dedicated pages for those, or just adding them in (as headlines, image file names, etc) to an existing page. These are not in my MKL. There is always more to learn.

Yes, that's a great way to do it Jacki. Also, as some have commented, looking at Google's

I just came across another screwball - I am redoing an old page on "corn beer" and BI says I do not have a page named "corn beer." It shows up in my top 100 keyword searches but BI does not find it. I do hold this against BI as that it is right in my page list.

Here's another oddball figure for "corn beer", although I don't think it is BI's fault here - Demand shows 66 and in two months avg 87 people reportedly found that page on my site. They must be digging deep since I'm not in the top 30 pages for "corn beer" - or else the numbers are just wrong. Again, I don't hold this against BI, it's just one of those things.

Can you tell I'm procrastinating? Writing to keep from working? :)
#1381272 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:19 pm
David from California wrote:Here's another oddball figure for "corn beer"
Just ignore the 'keyweirds'. Use your own common sense if it tells you that it's not a good keyword. Or, write a C2 page on it, just to cover all the bases.