Brainstorm It! is the only niche-finding and keyword researching tool that you will ever need. Its two major parts, Brainstormer and Master Keyword List, combine to deliver unparalleled information and insights into your website content and structure. Share your best tips, ideas and strategies here.

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1380564 by Steven from Hornsby
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:14 pm
Hello everyone,

I am new to SBI, and I appreciate its slow and steady approach. My site is going to be called "Geek Wing Chun," as I am a geek who practices a martial art called Wing Chun Kung Fu. The purpose of my site will be to document my training journey, as well as offer suggestions to other people on how they can get better at Wing Chun.

However, that is not all my site will be. I will also focus on exercise and nutrition, and I will be signing up with the MLM company Team Beachbody to market their workouts and supplements. I will also sign up for affiliate programs where I can review martial arts books and gear. Last but not least, I will have ebooks of my own about Wing Chun training, how to build your own wooden dummy (a Wing Chun training tool), exercise, and nutrition.

Finally, my site will also address one often-neglected aspect of our health: MENTAL health. I think most people think of just their bodies when they ask the question, "Am I healthy?" This part will consist of frank discussions about my own struggles with MH.

Now, the reason for my post: I tried doing a Brainstorm session with 3 keywords when I realized I have a LOT of keywords that I could use for this kind of site. In fact, I came up with a list of maybe 50 in one session, and that would have been more if I hadn't run out of time.

I guess my confusion is that I am thinking ahead to keywords that can be used for tagging purposes in blog posts and videos, but that might not necessarily make them the best "seed" words. At any rate, this part has me stumped.

Can someone offer some guidance?
#1380639 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm
You may have to post with some of your words, and their numbers. This will help give us some idea of how to help you.
#1380641 by Steven from Hornsby
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 pm
All right, I will have to do some brainstorm sessions with different words and then post. It will take me a day or two though. Thanks!
#1380813 by Steven from Hornsby
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:41 pm
Ugh! I just got through to the end of day 2, and now I am confused anew.

When we were coming up with 3 seed words, I thought we were using all 3 to build our site. Now I just got to the end, and it says you wind up deleting 2 concepts.

Well, my site is going to focus on my Wing Chun Kung Fu training, ebooks and video courses I write on that topic, reviews of martial arts gear, and the like. While I will also be doing things related to exercise, nutrition, and mental health, I think it is obvious that the majority of my site will deal with Wing Chun.

So...that is the concept I'm going with! :D