Brainstorm It! is the only niche-finding and keyword researching tool that you will ever need. Its two major parts, Brainstormer and Master Keyword List, combine to deliver unparalleled information and insights into your website content and structure. Share your best tips, ideas and strategies here.

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1381807 by Ricardo from San Martín
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:53 pm

I just joined SBI! two days ago, and I am watching the Days 1 to 5 to get the overview. I am also reading the material I am supposed to be reading. Upon seeing Day 2 and seeing how they do the Keyword Analysis using Brainstorm It!, is it normal not to fully grasp it the first time?

#1381810 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:04 pm
Ricardo, it's totally normal to not grasp everything the first time through. Give yourself some time to comprehend it all. Go through the whole thing once, then go through it slowly and take notes, investigate all the links, and above all, take the time it takes. I still feel overwhelmed, so that part never goes away. Cut yourself some slack. :D
#1381811 by Dee from Cape Cod
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:15 pm
Hi Ricardo -

Is it normal to be overwhelmed? Absolutely!

If you're like I was when I started with SBI, all of this was new to me. At that time, I couldn't do much more than turn on my computer, surf the web, send and receive emails, and do the most basic word processing. To say I was a "newbie" to the online business world ... that would be an understatement!

As Jacki said, "Cut yourself some slack"!

And I'll add: Don't hesitate to come to the forums any time you have a question, hit a stumbling block, or need a little moral support. There are a lot of experienced SBIers here who are willing to help whenever we can. Most of us have been where you are now, so we understand what you're going through. :wink:

The good news is that this is all very do-able, as long as you approach it slowly and methodically.

"How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!"

I wish you lots of fun and success with your new online business. See you around the forums ...

Best Regards,

#1381838 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 pm
Totally, Ricardo!

We've all been there, honestly. It does become clearer the longer you stick at it. You'll be fine. And as Dee says, come into the forums at any point and ask away.

Also, bear in mind that a highly experienced SBIer and coach, Terri, runs free webinars about keywords, blueprints and so on. The great thing is that she spends some time going through the process but then opens up the time for specific questions from attendees. It's a really great opportunity to get help.

As luck would have it, Terri's next webinar is about keywords, topics, and blueprints and is on September 27th, so you still have time to sign up. This link will take you to the page where you can see details and it has a link to the registration page. If you find you can't attend live, there will be a recording available after the event.

I really recommend it - everyone who attends these finds them ultra-helpful.

Good luck with your journey!

#1381862 by Mary from Mico
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:17 am
Hi Ricardo.

Welcome! I agree with Jacki, Dee, and Cath. Great notes!

I was so glad to have "watched" the Action Guide first - in the evenings after the children went to bed; and then "done" the AG taking notes or working in two windows with the AG up in one and Site Central in the other.

Some of the best websites here took ages to figure it out.