Brainstorm It! is the only niche-finding and keyword researching tool that you will ever need. Its two major parts, Brainstormer and Master Keyword List, combine to deliver unparalleled information and insights into your website content and structure. Share your best tips, ideas and strategies here.

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1385024 by Laurie from Visalia
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:31 pm
I have an organic dry goods food store and supplements. I wanted to focus on a line of supplements I really love, but having a hard time finding a niche since vitamin and supplement stores are a dime a dozen. So any ideas on what to start brainstorming on to make this work? I am so confused and lost at this point :(
#1385037 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:09 pm
It's a little different brainstorming for an established niche. I know.

So, how far have you got? Have you Brainstormed for a niche using the Site Concept finder tool? Or are you passed that point?
#1385045 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:54 pm
healthy and natural come to mind so you might try each by itself, then maybe

healthy nutrition
natural cures
organic diet

come up with a couple other words that would work, then mix and match those that make sense to come up with a 2 word concept and work from there; go for ones that tie into your passion too. After all, you need to be passionate on the concept you choose in order to stay interested enough to keep on with it.

Once you have your concept; you can easily tie supplements, and links to them, into the content. If you want to sell your dry goods also, tie them into the content as well.

Hope this helps,

#1385053 by Laurie from Visalia
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 pm
Thanks for the help. I have tried Natural Health, and Nutrition Health... but they don't seem to have enough lower end key words. I will try and few other things. I have almost runthrough my 25 word credit. I love plant based cooking, but not sure how I can tie my supplements into that passion. I have taught cooking classes for years. But what words would I use as seed words? I have been working on this for 2 straight days, 8hours each. I want to make this succeed. UG! I am so confused with all the numbers. Thanks again.
#1385054 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:31 pm
Don't worry about the credits. They are the best value! You probably won't need more for a long time, but this is not the time to economize.

The numbers can be confusing. I prefer to go for some lower numbers, I can't remember the recommendations in the Action Guide, but they are high. This makes it harder to win a huge highly competitive niche. But, if you can find lots of lower keywords that are on topic, this will bring in lots of traffic. Don't be number bound.

Report your numbers here (disguise the keywords if you prefer) and we can give you some feedback on what to aim for.
#1385060 by Dee from Cape Cod
Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:42 am

Hi Laurie -

Laurie from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Blue Ridge] wrote: I love plant based cooking, but not sure how I can tie my supplements into that passion.

I would think those two topics would be a "natural" fit! :wink::lol: Aren't plant-based cooking and supplements both integral parts of a healthy lifestyle?

I agree with Jacki about buying more BrainstormIt credits. Not only are they a bargain for the price , but you'll also feel totally liberated when you have lots of credits to use up. So go for it!

One teensy bit of advice: When your eyes are starting to glaze over and your brain feels like it's turning to mush, walk away from it for a while. After two 8-hour days of Brainstorming, I'm guessing you're on "keyword overload". (Yes, it happens to all of us!)

No doubt, you've taken in a ton of information in those 16 hours. Now, you likely need a little time for your brain to process it all. So sleep on it ... literally. Who knows? You might have one of those 3 a.m., bolt-upright-out-of-a-sound-sleep, "Aha!" moments.

With your experience in plant-based cooking, your knowledge of natural supplements, and your proven teaching ability, I have no doubt that there's a great niche for you!

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

#1385181 by Laurie from Visalia
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:13 pm
Still stuck. I researched so many words, and the supply is so high. I want a website that drives peopel to my e0commerce site which is about pain relief. But I don't want my entire website to be on PAIN relief. I want to cover different health topices besides pain, such as exercise, nutrition, stretching, cooking, all things that work toward making a healthier person. I just can't come up with a NICHE that describes it all. I don't want to dedicate a webiste to just Pain relief. I like a concept of 100% healthy you, or total wellness, or complete selfcare, but these don't score high at all in the MLK.
Oh woe is me at this point. Do I just do a general website and each tier is dedicated to a certain part of health? which would contain key words?
#1385183 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Laurie from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Blue Ridge] wrote:I want to cover different health topics besides pain, such as exercise, nutrition, stretching, cooking, all things that work toward making a healthier person.
The problem with such a wide-reaching approach is that it's so broad that you will be years and many many pages trying to compete with some of the larger branded sites. They all have huge editorial teams and a big budget behind them. I started out like that, but it was only after I moved all kinds of off-topic stuff to new individual sites that I started getting traction.

I know there are some people who have the drive to build up such a giant site that can compete, but honestly, it can be soul destroying. If you can, think of a domain name and site concept that allows you to pick one corner of that huge niche, and when you've got that covered, move on to another corner.
#1385187 by Laurie from Visalia
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:31 am
Thanks for all the feed back....
OK I narrowed it down... to chronic pain. Im not sure about the numbers on the MLK list, but there are tons or words.
the numbers are value demand 108854 supply demand 66040

I know the demand number is high, I may be barking up the wrong tree. But the only other words to work with in regards to what I ahve to sell is inflammation an those numbers didn't turn out well at all.
I think I have a lot to work with. Any feed back?

What is it
Can pain relief be achieved
Symptoms of Chronic Pain

Specific area of Chronic pain and ways to get pain relief

Can Supplements really help with Chronic pain

DIY help for chronic pain
More DIY self care help for chronic pan
Reduce Stress - how stress affect chronic pain

Breathing techniques

does Diet really help with Chronic pain
foods lists
herbs and teas
#1385200 by Mary from Mico
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:10 am
Hi Laurie.

I think you're onto something by having narrowed your concept to chronic pain (or chronic pain relief).

There's sure a need for this sort of info to be easily available and it sure could have the money potential for a profitable site.

#1385232 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:04 pm
I think your numbers are fine. I know it says that the supply number should be higher, but in your case, you have something of your own to sell - the supplements and so on. The only reason for a higher supply is so that you have a good pool of advertisers or affiliates, but in your case, that's not necessary. Keep going, you're onto something now :D
#1385240 by Laurie from Visalia
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:33 pm
Thanks everyone. It's a stiff competition. Even tho it is a good demand, there is so much out there on chronic pain. So it will be real work to get it going. But I'm o.k. Just got to get motivated and research like crazy.