Brainstorm It! is the only niche-finding and keyword researching tool that you will ever need. Its two major parts, Brainstormer and Master Keyword List, combine to deliver unparalleled information and insights into your website content and structure. Share your best tips, ideas and strategies here.

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1386962 by Margaret from New Virginia
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:20 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm on day 3 and trying to come up with a site concept. The one I'm considering is Dating Tips.

D 114,865
S 53, 394
P 2151
Do these numbers mean that the site is very broad? Or is this in the recommended range for a medium-sized site concept? What would I need to realize if I were to create a site with these numbers? Thank you.

#1386977 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:20 am
That looks like a good site concept, but think of it this way; the supply number means that there are 53k other websites that could be buying advertising or providing products for you to be an affiliate for (or vice versa). This means that if you have a product to sell that is in demand it's a great site concept. Not so much if you want to use advertising to monetize. I would investigate what the competition looks like.
#1386981 by Margaret from New Virginia
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:22 am
Jacki, thank you for your reply. I have two books to sell on the topic of dating, plus a service. I will look at my MKL again to see if there is another site concept that I like that has a bit less competition. If not, I'll go with Dating Tips. Thanks again.
#1386985 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 pm
Hi Margaret,

Although the numbers are reasonably good, I'd try to niche this down a little. "Dating Tips" is a very broad, and I would guess very competitive - niche.

You already have books and a service you're going to sell, so maybe think about those and who your target market is for them. That will give you an idea about who you want your ideal site visitor to be - male or female, young, mid-life or older, plenty of time on their hands or no time - that kind of thing. DAY 4 of the Action Guide can help you with that, too.

Once you've done that, see what BI! throws up for you.

It's always a mixture of an anxious and an exciting time deciding on a niche - good luck!

#1386995 by Margaret from New Virginia
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:57 pm
Thanks, Cath. Good advice from you and Jacki. I am looking at concepts that will narrow my niche a bit. I'm about to start Day 4 of the Action Guide. You've been very helpful.