Brainstorm It! is the only niche-finding and keyword researching tool that you will ever need. Its two major parts, Brainstormer and Master Keyword List, combine to deliver unparalleled information and insights into your website content and structure. Share your best tips, ideas and strategies here.

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1387540 by Cesar from SBI Newbie
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:07 am
Hi Team,

Just curious, what if Brainstorm offers no constructive info regarding a Niche Market that exists. Where do you go from here? Can you still proceed with SBI by building a website and utilising it's resources so that the site is successful?

Look forward to your thoughts.
#1387542 by Mary from Mico
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:24 am

Hi Cesar.

Can you still proceed with SBI by building a website and utilising it's resources so that the site is successful?

Yes, you can!

As for your first question, have you brainstormed synonyms? Or thought of different ways to approach the niche?

On the other hand, if you have a new idea which, like the Action Guide calls it, is like a "brand of one", meaning that you've got lots of opportunity.

Can you be more specific? There are others here who may be able to help you find ideas or tweak the wording.

Have a great weekend!

#1387554 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:49 am
Perhaps this'll help...

When I first joined, I knew my general niche (writing/authorship - which is a HUGE and widely varied set of thousands of sub-topics), but was not well focused on a specific niche within the niche (such as self-publishing, or writing weird horror short stories).

I did a Google search for "writing" and, at the bottom of the page Google has a section called "Related searches for..." that lists 10 other search terms. Right now it just gave me:

writing apps
free online writing courses for adults
writing websites for kids
type your own story
write your own story

When I click on the one "write your own story" then scroll to the bottom, it now has a list that says:

typing your own story
write a story online
write your own story book
write your own book
make your own book
create a book online
writing stories
writing websites for kids free

Then clicking on "write your own book" and scrolling to the bottom it gives me:

blurb photo book
photo books shutterfly
free publishing for kids
make a photo book
photo books snapfish
write a story online
make a book online
write your own story

Now, none of those it specific to my site topic I had in mind (writing Fantasy novels about Elves and wizards), but they do give me ideas of more possible keywords to consider within the niche of authorship.

Now, if I take the exact specific topic I want for my site (writing Fantasy novels about Elves and wizards) and type that into Google, then check the list of other search terms, I get this:

Searches related to writing Fantasy novels about Elves and wizards:
books about elves and magic
books about elves dwarves dragons
elf romance books
books about elves and dragons
books with elves as main characters
good books about elves
elves: the omnibus
tree shepherd's daughter

But then if I type only "how to write fantasy novels": I get this:

how to write a fantasy novel outline
how to write a fantasy novel step by step
how to write a unique fantasy novel
how to write fantasy characters
how to write a fantasy short story
high fantasy cliches
fantasy writing examples
fantasy writing ideas
how can I write novel
what makes a book a fantasy
what is fantasy writing
how do I start writing a book fiction
how to write a fantasy
tips on writing fantasy
fantasy story ideas
fantasy plot ideas
fantasy writing prompts
fantasy story starters
how to write science fiction
how to start a fantasy novel

Now, what I do, is take ALL of these search terms that Google gave me, and try each of them in BrainStormIt, to see what else it gives me.

I find that by using Google to help me discover what other people are searching for within my niche, then putting those search terms in BrainStormIt, that I end up with tons of keywords for my niche that I would not have thought to search for on my own.

Perhaps you could take your own niche topic and put it in Google and see what search terms Google gives you, then try those in BrainStormIt?

Hope that helps.
#1387557 by Cesar from SBI Newbie
Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 am
Great idea Mary, combining Google with the mix is definitely the way to go. At the moment Google is the Search Master.
#1387558 by Mary from Mico
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 am
Hi Cesar,

Remember the important information in the Action Guide. Try the keyword phrases in BrainstormIt, like Wendy noted.

The Action Guide is such a help!

#1387560 by Cesar from SBI Newbie
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:43 am
I should have said thank you Wendy and Mary, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Have a nice weekend.
#1387788 by Cesar from SBI Newbie
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 pm
Some good advice in case this problem arises for other SBIer's. I tried the Google thing, "Thanks Wendy", and still encountered the same problem with my seed keyword.

In this case, this is where you have to use your Brain to come up with some relevant terms and subjects to place on your site. I was quite surprised myself with how many I came up with.

So use the BRAIN in some instances. :D
#1387793 by Mary from Mico
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:02 am
Hi Cesar.

If your domain name is any indication of what you can do, I think you've got a great site concept!