What other ways can you find to monetize your traffic? Let everyone know what you think of Joint Ventures (JV), Donations, CafePress or other models you have read about or tried (not already discussed above).

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1370087 by Mary from old-fashion-recipe.com
Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:08 am
Hi Jacki,

Congratulations on stepping out of the box! I knew about your MS but not the thyroid disease. I have the same thyroid disease along with the sometimes severe depression. Knowing your extremities confirms what I've always thought about you. That you were a SUPERWOMAN! Not like a "nice" person (which you are, indeed) but like Lois Lane. :wink:

I reviewed your two pages and will tell you what I think. Like I have said to Ken Evoy at times. Well, since you ask. :)

Both pages are outstanding! The second one, to the prospect, is so good it reads like a professional copywriter wrote it.

You could not have done a better job on graphic choices and placements. They are superb!

However, on the second page I don't like the beginning, "Wanna collaborate?" I personally view "wanna" as slang, even tho I don't know of but one dictionary that says it is. I think 'Want to collaborate?" would be shinier/classier. Collaborate is an awesome and inviting word. IMO the perfect choice.

And then the end. "Get in touch and let's get together." I think a short and sweet ending would be "Get in touch and let's talk!" That would be a good invite and close.

I can hear, 'Want to collaborate?"
'You do?"
"Then get in touch and let's talk."
"OK, here's my name and address." :)

Jackie, you're going to do great with this and finally get paid for all your hard work.

As far as your resistance is concerned, it's scary out there and I think many of us would have the same issues. The way you overcome that is to jump in the way you are doing and keep on going. Ken has your back.

Again, congratulations on this and the milestones you have reached with your website business!

MaryO
#1370095 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:03 pm
Mary from old-fashion-recipe.com wrote:Congratulations on stepping out of the box! I knew about your MS but not the thyroid disease. I have the same thyroid disease along with the sometimes severe depression. Knowing your extremities confirms what I've always thought about you. That you were a SUPERWOMAN! Not like a "nice" person (which you are, indeed) but like Lois Lane. :wink:
Aw, thanks, Mary. That is such a nice thing to say :D (sorry about your depression, that takes all the fun out of life, doesn't it?)

I just kind of winged it, so your remarks are exactly on the nose. I'll follow your advice!

Stephen, I did read through the articles, a long time ago, so maybe it's time for a refresher. Thanks for the link!
#1370112 by Susan from Lynn Haven
Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:15 pm
Jacki -

As others have said, your pages sound fine (although I do agree with the suggestion to replace "wanna" with "want to" and end with something like "let's talk.")

However - I have a couple of other monetization suggestions based on a couple of things I've always admired about your website:

1) Your photos: Are the photos your own? (ie, you took them?) Because if so, you could probably use them as the centerpiece of various monetization efforts, as they are superb, by using an affiliate such as Zazzle where you design products (tshirts, canvas bags, framed art prints, calendars, mugs, etc), set a price, and then when they sell, you get the difference between the company's base price/shipping fee and the price you set. You could then market the products on your site and also on Pinterest. There are companies where you can design/market coffee table-type books as well using this model.

With all that traffic, you probably have a bunch of visitors who love succulents and would love to buy gifts for themselves or others that feature these beautiful plants.

Another photo-related thought: pick out some of your best photos and upload them to sites like Dreamtime where if someone downloads, you get a small fee (or larger fee for certain types of commercial use). You may not make a huge amount of money doing this, but you've already taken the photos, so why not put your assets to work?

2) Decor possibilities: The plants are gorgeous, and most don't need require much care - so they're perfect for someone who wants plants as part of the home or office decor. But this means they need beautiful pots to showcase them - and that's what you could offer. Find affiliates that sell pots, and market them on your website. I've seen product affiliates offering this kind of thing and the commissions can be easily 20% or higher.

3) Plant acquisition: Do I correctly remember that years ago, you used to sell the plants themselves but no longer do? Do you know nurseries, etc., that do sell and ship? If so, maybe you could do some sort of affiliate or lead generation deal with them, both in Canada and in the US, to avoid shipping internationally.

4) Do you know any interior designers or property managers who want to use succulents? They probably know nothing about plants - you could provide succulent consulting services!

Hope some of this helps!

Susan
#1370114 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:50 pm
Thanks Susan, some of your ideas have been thought about and rejected for various reasons, but others bear thinking about some more. I like the idea of using my images somehow, and I did set up some pages to sell them, but it didn't pan out so well and got abandoned. I didn't go to the extent of putting them on Dreamstime though. That's a good thought.

The pots and containers idea if I could find a good affiliate for it, would be something to investigate. I was hoping to find a supplier who would buy advertising space!

Keep the ideas coming, please!