What other ways can you find to monetize your traffic? Let everyone know what you think of Joint Ventures (JV), Donations, CafePress or other models you have read about or tried (not already discussed above).

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1372289 by Stephen from Monroeville
Sat May 27, 2017 5:05 pm
I was reading Mikes blog (social media hat) .. and noticed he offered advertisements which he gives out monthly reports to people advertising ..

what sort of software would be used for that ?
#1372310 by George from Prestea
Sun May 28, 2017 2:48 am
Google DoubleClick for Publishers Small Business is free and you don't need to install anything: https://www.google.com/doubleclick/publ ... -business/

If you're looking for software to install yourself, see Revive Adserver (free, but note that you can't install on your SBI website. You'll need 3rd-party hosting): https://www.revive-adserver.com/
#1372348 by Mike from hashtag-content-marketing.com
Sun May 28, 2017 11:37 pm
Hi Stephen!

I think for most SBIers, the "software" might simply be a combination of Bit.ly and Google Analytics.

What you want to be able to track and report is impressions & clicks. Google Analytics will easily be able to tell you pageviews per URL or sitewide, depending on where you've placed the ads. And if you set up the banner or text link to use a Bit.ly link that you create, you can measure clicks.

You might also set up an Event within Google Analytics which could track Onclick behavior as well. Whichever seems easiest.

Once you've set that up, it's just a matter of collecting the data after the first of each month for the previous month and supplying it to your advertisers in a nice report format. (For instance, create a Google Doc that has your branding and looks great, update it each month with the fresh data, and export as a PDF.)

There are, no doubt, expensive packages that can add more bells & whistles, but at the end of the day, if your site performs well and you can provide essential reports in a professional way, that's all that matters.

Let me know if that's not clear, or if you have specific questions.

~ Mike

P.S. I think the software I might have been talking about was just a module that works with my own CMS, Drupal, called "Advertisements." I don't use it any more.