What other ways can you find to monetize your traffic? Let everyone know what you think of Joint Ventures (JV), Donations, CafePress or other models you have read about or tried (not already discussed above).

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1378343 by Stephen from Monroeville
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:32 am
I like nori's membership card

It seems it's for offline transactions

How would one work for online transactions (?)
#1378484 by George from Prestea
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:45 pm
I don't know about Nori's membership card, but I'm supposing this is a way for her website "members" to access discounted pricing at select offline locations.

For online transactions, that would be a coupon or special checkout page with discounted pricing already applied. Unfortunately, different shopping carts have different restrictions so it's simply not feasible to have a single coupon code that will work at all partner sites.

So here's what I do:

1. I negotiate individual partner deals. Each partner offers either a discount coupon or a special checkout URL with the discount already applied.
  2. I then create a PARTNER OFFERS page, listing the special checkout links and/or coupon codes for my members to access the discounted partner deals. This is a protected page within the members' area. With an SBI site, a simple password-protected page will do... with the usual security caveats.
  3. Active members login to their members' area (or password-protected page) and click on the links in the PARTNER OFFERS page to access their offers.

With online partners, I usually earn affiliate commission (on top of the discount negotiated for my members), so I'm not too bothered if members share these links (as long as the partner has no qualms with that). But I still keep the links and coupons under lock to make my members feel special :D

There maybe sophisticated tools out there, but this simple approach works for me.