What other ways can you find to monetize your traffic? Let everyone know what you think of Joint Ventures (JV), Donations, CafePress or other models you have read about or tried (not already discussed above).

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1382606 by Hayley from Newcastle
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:50 pm
Hi out there!

I just received an email from a very prominent company in the Microscope world. And they would like for me to submit content for their website. Should I be asking for compensation or is the exposure for my website enough to not bother about getting paid? As well, I also offered for them to advertise on my website and wondering how much I should ask from them in advertising fees to be advertising permanently and/or temporarily on my third column for example. I am at over 5000 unique visitors a day currently from all over the world. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Adsense/Contextual to here.
#1382610 by A J from Somewhere Hot
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 pm
I'm not sure about payment, if it is a BIG popular website then simply getting exposure might be enough. Most websites will do a bio box for your articles, a paragraph or so with small pic and a clickable link to your website. Maybe take a look around their website and see if they have other expert authors writing for them, and whether they get the bio box. If not, I would definitely ask for one as a condition of writing for them.
Cheers, AJ
#1382614 by Hayley from Newcastle
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:54 pm
Thank you! I was leaning towards not charging for my content if enough exposure is offered. Now about advertising. This is one of top four major companies in manufacturing microscopes and cameras so any input on what I should charge is welcomed. My website is doing very well. In fact I am neck and neck with them in global alexa rankings so that is saying something! Thanks!
#1382615 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 pm
Hayley from Newcastle wrote: so any input on what I should charge is welcomed.
It totally depends on what your market would bear. Have they indicated an interest? If not, I would try to find out a contact person for their advertising, and make a friend with them.