Do you have questions about monetization that don't fit anywhere else in this section? It't a great big field, so we created this forum to give you a place to go when nothing else fits. DO check the other forums for a better fit since you'll get better answers if there is a SPECIFIC forum. If not, we'll see you back here. :-)

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1364868 by colin from East Freetown
Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:39 am
Hi Everyone,

Over the last year I have been approached by three or four companies who have been interested in using my content or having me write content for them.

The most recent case was a company that contacted my asking if I would be open to discussing their using/ my content in the app.

After some thought it seems to me that the ideal solution may be for them to "license" my content from me for use in their app only, or may be some form of Private Label rights or syndication rights.

I am particularly interest in this offer as:
i) I have previously looked at creating and building my own apps for this purpose so it will save me the hassle.
ii) No duplicate content worries as the content will only be available in their app.
iii) I will be exposed to a new, and growing, market on mobile.
iv) the app is directly connected to my niche, i.e. it is directly marketed to and for action figure collectors.

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this....?
#1364880 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:56 pm
colin from East Freetown wrote:No duplicate content worries as the content will only be available in their app.
This would have been the one I would worry about.

Apps are the wave of the future!
#1364881 by colin from East Freetown
Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:09 pm
Yes, exactly. That's why I have turned down all previous offers and enquiries, but these guys are willing to guarantee that they will not use my material outside of the app.
#1365164 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:55 pm
Colin, one of the Pros found this:

https://searchenginewatch.com/sew/study ... -important

So it depends on how they are going to do this as to whether it can hurt your main site or not. Get a full outline listing step by step how they are going to prevent possible issues from them before you decide.

Debs