Blog It! enables evergreen "Theme-Based Content Sites" to use RSS to distribute new pages via a technique we call "site-blogging!" This forum is for exchanging Blog It! ideas and tips. (If you are interested in full-blogging (ex., adding a full WordPress blog to your site), THE way to go is through Infin It!. See that forum.)

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1370354 by Richard from O Dell
Thu May 04, 2017 9:33 am
Hi there,

I have a couple of questions regarding blogs. I have recently had 3 people ask if I accept guest blog posts on my site, a couple of whom have offered to pay on condition that include a Iink to their site.

If I accept, do I simply build it in exactly the same way as my own BB2 pages ie with page title, keyword, description etc? Presumably I don't add the article to my nav bar? Any tips on how todo this are warmly appreciated.

Sesondly, and I hope it is oK to ask in this forum, is there any way I can improve the appearance of my Blog Page. I am ising the 'In The Nature' theme and I can't see any way to edit the appearnce of the page as I can with other pages.

Thanking you in advance for your help, Richard
#1370356 by Antoinette from Bedford
Thu May 04, 2017 10:50 am
Richard,

To style you Blog page, I used the instructions here to style mine.
http://sbitips.sitesell.com/style-your- ... -page.html

As to guest articles:
* Yes, I would optimize the page exactly as per any other page i.e. Title, Description, keyword etc.

* No, I would not add it to the navbar (T2 page). I would build a T2 page called "Latest Articles" or "Guest Articles" or some or other sexy name where I add an intro, a link to the contact form and then Subheadings with a brief intro paragraph to each article and a link to their actual page (T3)
Another content page for you :wink:

* I would want to make the link no-follow (to show Google it's paid for) but your guest blogger would probably not be happy with that!

* I would also want them to sign an undertaking that the article would be unique to my site and not be published on a gazillion other sites (that's just me being very pedantic about unique content on my site).

Note: I do not do guest articles at this time, but the above would be my way of doing it should I do go that way.

Hope it helps :D

All the best,
🐜
#1370360 by Richard from O Dell
Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 pm
Thank you so much Antoinette. A ton of useful information. I will definitely have a go at redesigning my blog page but if feels like guest blogs are maybe more wok and hassle than they are worth at the moment. Thanks again. Richard
#1370399 by Antoinette from Bedford
Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 pm
Only a pleasure, Richard.

Kind regards
🐜
#1370409 by Mary from old-fashion-recipe.com
Thu May 04, 2017 11:53 pm
Hi Richard,

I received an article yesterday from someone with whom I had agreed to publish their guest post on my site. I explained to the person the article had to be original, contain a minimum of 500 words and have good keywords.

They send me a link saying someone told them I could find out about keywords there, and a recipe article with probably 1000 words and gorgeous pics (screenshots).

Guess what? When I Binged certain words in the title, the first returned results had the recipe. Exactly. The recipe and instructions were verbatim. And that's not all. The same recipe, same instructions was buried deep within their own blog under another title.

Just be careful, Richard.

MaryO