Blog It! enables evergreen "Theme-Based Content Sites" to use RSS to distribute new pages via a technique we call "site-blogging!" This forum is for exchanging Blog It! ideas and tips. (If you are interested in full-blogging (ex., adding a full WordPress blog to your site), THE way to go is through Infin It!. See that forum.)

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1374011 by LUIS from Vails Gate
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am
Ok ... might be knucklehead question but I gotta do it.

When setting up BlogIt!, on the set-up page 'Blogit! Tier 2 web page' > 'Enter Introductory Text' ... there is this;

-----------------
If you are not sure how RSS and subscribing works, please read What's an RSS Feed? You will be amazed how RSS brings your world to you.
-----------------

Now, is the ..."please read What's an RSS Feed?" automatically highlighted and therefore leading to an explanation of what it is? ... or do I have to write up a page and link it up to that? ...or ??

Thanks ... Lou
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Split off an old thread on this topic as your post deserves its own thread.
#1374060 by Laura from Golden
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:35 pm
Hi Lou,

No it will not. I believe the actual page it used to link to was removed. Not sure why the default text was not updated, though.

You will want to remove that and write your own text there. :-)

Best regards,
Laura
SiteSell Support Team
#1374076 by LUIS from Vails Gate
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 pm
Thanks Laura! Will leave a note for HE to update or remove that phrase ... or whatever they think best for that one.

Thanks again ... Lou
#1374092 by Help Elf from SiteSell
Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:50 pm
Lou, I could not for the life of me figure out what you were talking about, as I don't see it on my site's RSS/Blog It! tool. Then I realized that mine talks about my site, which means that you're seeing default text. And since I never see it, I didn't know it hadn't been updated.

I'm submitting a ticket to get the changes made as soon as I stop typing here.
#1374147 by LUIS from Vails Gate
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:04 am
Ahh..sorry HE ... I should of said 'default text' with all other stuff ... my apologies, and glad you were able to figure it out.

Lou
#1374856 by LUIS from Vails Gate
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:42 pm
Ok ... still on the learning curve with this and here's my latest curveball

I had to play around and reword 2 of my C2 invitations ... they showed up next day on my blog
I don't want that because a) they were first versions with typo's b) I will be adding a few more C2 pages next few weeks PLUS the blog entries lead to empty C2 pages of only the invites

I found conflicting info which I then noticed were from 2015 with one from 2016. I'm assuming there's been some changes since.

For now, I've deleted my 'What's New' box but want that back in at some point (C2 re-do's showed up there too so I deleted box for now)

I also read to uncheck the box in 'Page Info" where it ask's if you want this to show on RSS/blog it!... which I did and it erased both of the C2 updates, so I'm good for now

so my 2 Q's are

1. how can I easily delete blog entries such as C2 rebuilds without having to do all of the above?

2. From my understanding, I want to have submissions to C2 pages to show up ... so I will need to eventually 'check' yes in the 'Page Info' ... is that correct??

BTW ... I have totally separate pages with C2 invitations/forms. I have little callout boxes on regular pages that link to these separate C2 invite/form pages.

Thanks ... Lou
#1374880 by Antoinette from Bedford
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm
Lou,

1. You can have a page/C2 post FEATURED in your Blog by ticking the top box, i.e. Include this in your RSS feed.

2. Then you can make a gazillion edits to that (existing Blog/C2). And only if you tick the "do you want to UPDATE" your post, will it feature the Blog post again (for another time on your scroll of posts).

(So your multiple edits will be updated on the original post i.e. typos etc., but the post will not be featured multiple times.)

One example where you would want it to feature again, is for example:
You advertise a webinar and then wish to make a NEW announcement that entries are closed.

For all other minor edits, I never tick the second box.

Hope I understood your question.

All the best,
🐜
#1374907 by LUIS from Vails Gate
Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:10 am
Hi Antoinette, and thanks for responding ...

I understand #1 of your response. I believe you're referring to the actual invitation form. I did that ... and that's why my under-construction forms showed up on the blog (and What's New)

What I couldn't find was WHERE I could delete these kinds of post. That's what I need for future C2 forms showing up the same way on the blog (with nothing but corrected/changed invite forms ... so basically nothing)

When I clicked on my BlogIt/RSS in Site Central hoping to be able to delete these updated edits of my C2 form, I could not find the entries or any means to delete or 'edit' anything. Nothing was showing for me to do anything with. That's why I deleted my 'What's New' form from my sitewide dot. That took care of that.

But I could not find how to get rid of those updated C2 entries. That's what I need to find out. How to get to them.

It seems if a post comes from an outside source, then the editing features appear ... but not for internal stuff. Is that correct???

Thanks ... Lou
#1374925 by Debs from SiteSell
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:14 pm
Luis, to get something off your RSS feed (and out of What's New) when it is a C2 item is easy. Just go in and edit the item within Content 2.0. There is an option under "Enter Text" on submissions that says, "Include this page in your RSS/Blog It! Feed? Yes No" Just select No. I also found an edit may bring up this question "Update Your RSS/Blog It! feed?" right under the above so you need to say "Yes" to this one. You want your feed to update your choice to remove an item from your RSS feed.

I hope this helps.

Debs