Planning Your Monetization Mix is covered in DAY 4 of the Action Guide. It is a critical GO/STOP step in the C T P M process. Get feedback on your chosen Monetization Mix for your new business; or get tips on which monetization options work best for your niche.

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1373977 by Kesha from Zanoni
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:49 pm
Hello all. I'm in DAY 4 of the action guide and for some reason I can't find the general numeric values for the cpc, pcmd, and keyworth. I ran the Google Ad sense and have all the correct columns in my BKL, however, I need to know what numbers I should be comparing for CPC,, PCMD, and keyworth.

Thank you.
Kesha
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed all caps subject to proper case. All caps is considered yelling online.
#1374508 by Kesha from Zanoni
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:32 pm
Hi Help Elf. I still was unsuccessful in finding the general numeric guidelines. I used the Brainstorm It MKL help guidelines and for some number reference for CPC and PCMD, but not a general guideline:-(
#1374575 by Help Elf from SiteSell
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:15 pm
Hi Kesha.

You're right. There are no general number guidelines (I checked). It's because there's really no way to give numeric guidelines without knowing what your income needs are.

For instance, while you obviously don't want a cost per click (CPC) of 0 or 5 cents (since you'll only earn about 70% of whatever the CPC is), what is a good CPC is up to you to decide. You may be happy with $1 per click. Or you may need $5 per click to make it worth your while.

And again, obviously, the higher the PCDM is, the better off you'll be. You don't want numbers in the 15-90 range, as you just won't make enough money.

Here's how I recommend you use the numbers you have. Look at them as a whole (sort each column with the highest numbers at the top, to start). How many are there above zero as a percentage of all of your keywords? How many well above zero? How high are the numbers at the top of the list?

Now you have a sense of how much you could make from AdSense. Next, use the same numbers to determine how well you can monetize your site using affiliate marketing, sponsorships, etc.

If you have 1,000 keywords in your MKL, and 500 have very high CPCs, this tells you that other businesses are buying ads because they can make enough money to pay for the ads and still make a profit. On the other hand, if only 20 are high and you have 500 with zero CPC, you know that very few businesses are willing to advertise (and that's most likely because they can't make any money on the advertising). And that means the niche isn't a money-maker.

If you have any other questions regarding interpreting the AdWords numbers, please ask.