Planning Your Monetization Mix is covered in DAY 4 of the Action Guide. It is a critical GO/STOP step in the C T P M process. Get feedback on your chosen Monetization Mix for your new business; or get tips on which monetization options work best for your niche.

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1387727 by JAMES from Lavinia
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 am

:!::?:x

I am plodding through the research -- amazon book lists, forums, etc.

All I can think of is "Geez, someone has done this already! (and some are pretty good at it - they've got street cred and everything) How the heck can I get a break into this?"

Simultaneously, I know -- I KNOW -- that everyone here has encountered this feeling and gotten by it. But the feeling that I'm too late to the dinner party is really strong!

AAArrrrgh!
#1387731 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 am
You will have a unique slant on whatever niche you choose. :D
#1387736 by Dee from Cape Cod
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:59 am

Hi James -

JAMES from Lavinia wrote:All I can think of is "Geez, someone has done this already! (and some are pretty good at it - they've got street cred and everything) How the heck can I get a break into this?"

Simultaneously, I know -- I KNOW -- that everyone here has encountered this feeling and gotten by it. But the feeling that I'm too late to the dinner party is really strong!

AAArrrrgh!

Yep, I know that feeling. I went through it, and I'm pretty sure all of us had that same fear in the beginning. But we got by it; and you will, too.

Think if it this way ...

How many successful businesses can you name that began with zero competition? Very few, I'm guessing. But somehow, lots of start-ups succeed - despite having what might seem like insurmountable competition.

How do they do it? By doing something different, something special, something the "big guys" can't or won't bother to do.

For example: I expect you've heard of the company "Edible Arrangements"? And I'd venture to guess you're also familiar with "Dole". Both are in the fruit business. In a broad sense, they're competitors.

How did Edible Arrangements become successful? The founders came up with a unique niche in the fruit world - fresh fruit baskets designed to look like floral bouquets. EA went full-bore into that teeny tiny niche in the fruit industry and did it bigger and better than Dole ever could.

The same niche principle works for us. Whatever "industry" you choose for your new online business, you're going to use the Action Guide process to find a small niche in that industry that you can do better than the big guys.

So no, you're not too late to the dinner party. Far from it! This is your party we're talkin' about here, James. If you plan your party properly (i.e., by diligently following the Action Guide!), your dinner guests will love what you're serving at your party and they'll keep coming back for more! :D

Best Regards,

Dee