Planning Your Monetization Mix is covered in DAY 4 of the Action Guide. It is a critical GO/STOP step in the C T P M process. Get feedback on your chosen Monetization Mix for your new business; or get tips on which monetization options work best for your niche.

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1390114 by Albert from Tal-blata
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

I wish to ask what is the going rate about sponsored articles with dofollow links for a site? Then I was also asked the rates for one year. This is from a company from England.

Thanks and Regards,
Albert and Benji
#1390120 by Maria from Agness
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 pm

If you are at all concerned about getting ranked with google, you will want to stay away from paid dofollow links. Google has strict guidelines that they expect us all to follow and one of those is not to pay for links.

If you don't care about being penalized by google, for instance if your traffic primarily comes from other sources and not the SE's then I can't help you. I have no idea about rates as any paid links on my site are nofollow. Perhaps someone else may be able to answer your question.

#1390122 by Albert from Tal-blata
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 pm
Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply. We will try and explain to this person about the dofollow and see where we can get.

Albert and Benji
#1390123 by Maria from Agness
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi Albert,

In my experience as soon as you mention nofollow you never hear from them again unless it's to persuade you to accept the dofollow link. They are already aware of google's guidelines but are hoping you are not.

Here;s what google has to say on paid links.

Paid links: A site's ranking in Google search results is partly based on analysis of those sites that link to it. In order to prevent paid links from influencing search results and negatively impacting users, we urge webmasters use nofollow on such links. Search engine guidelines require machine-readable disclosure of paid links in the same way that consumers online and offline appreciate disclosure of paid relationships (for example, a full-page newspaper ad may be headed by the word "Advertisement"). More information on Google's stance on paid links.

The full article can be found here -

The link for more info goes to this page

If any site truly wants to pay to advertise on your site, rather than getting 'link juice' they will not object to a nofollow link.

I hope that helps,
#1390139 by Albert from Tal-blata
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm
Hi Maria,

We much appreciate your feedback which we will read through.

It really helps,
Albert and Benji
#1390176 by Debs from SiteSell
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm
I strongly urge you to listen to Maria and not to go with "dofollow" links if they are paid links. The algo that hits you is named Penguin, and it can be devastating to a site.

All my best,

#1390189 by Albert from Tal-blata
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi Debs,

We highly appreciate your comments. To tell you the truth our values were never money. For us the achievements that we have done over the past 5 years are more important than money.

I want to comment about your first sentence where you said

"dofollow" links if they are paid links
. How would Google recognize if is paid or not?

Thanks once again,
Albert and Benji
#1390242 by Albert from Tal-blata
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 pm
Hi Maria,

I just read your reply and it is well clear. We will surely not accept dofollow links. I will tell them the reasons and what we wish. Then it is up to them if they still want to get their articles on our site. At the end as you have said the page will still be seen.

Thanks for your contribution and to Debs.

Albert & Benji
#1391037 by Albert from Tal-blata
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:31 pm
Hi Debs and Maria

Just to let you know that we had sent our reply that we do not want any sponsored articles with "dofollow" links.

Practically we had not received any reply. We knew that they will not reply.

Once again we thanks you for your interest.

Good day.
Albert and Benji
#1391039 by Maria from Agness
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:04 pm
Hi Albert and Benji,

I have found that is the usual outcome when you let them know you are aware of google's policy and won't accept dofollow links.
But do remember there are some genuine advertisers out there that will be quite happy advertising on your site with a nofollow link.

All the best,