You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1384569 by GERALD from Kegaska
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 pm

My SCK is wellbeing. [I know... too focused, right?? :lol: ]

I'm thinking reversing syllables to get BeingWell OR BeWell.

Would either of those be the Search engine "term"?

I'd add a Human "term" such as:

guide
    guru
    CEO
    pro
    guy
    info

Am I on track here... or do I need to keep thinking?

My VPP is:
"I’m your WELLBEING GUIDE, who researches, tests, and recommends pain relief and wellbeing strategies that work… many of them free…"

SIGH... do I need to go back and think more on that as well? Likely off topic...

I appreciate any and all input on this.

Thanks.
#1384582 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:59 am
The search engines will recognize the separate words, as well as the combinations, and also other keywords that are sprinkled through the page. The most important things are not the keywords in your domain, but things like the catchiness of it, the availability of the same name on social media, and also that there isn't anyone using the name anywhere else. Don't overthink this - the shorter names combining keywords with a unique slant are getting rare, so think outside the box for something short - ten letters or less are ideal; https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=202837

If it helps, you're totally on the right track :D
#1384632 by Debs from SiteSell
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:52 pm
Garry, I agree with Jacki. One thing however, your SCK isn't as important in the domain name as it used to be. The Action Guide (AG) has always recommended short and brandable but now it is even more important to take this to heart. You need to look for and make up unique names. Do make sure they are unique to you only (following the trademark, social availablity research, etc. noted in the AG). Also, doing a play on words is good if you can brand it, but your slogan/tagline (under the domain name in Site Designer) is where you tie the domain to your VPP.

All my best,

Debs
#1386340 by GERALD from Kegaska
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:44 am
Here is where I am now. Further ahead for my domain name, and understanding much much more.

I've slightly altered my focus... since "wellbeing" was
-too long a word
-VERY unavailable

I drifted back to "pain" as my SCK... NOTE how I continually narrow down!

"Why?" I hear you ask. 'Cuz I found this 8 Letter site name: "www.painwhoa.com"
Seems like no-one has found it previously, and it's available pretty well everywhere...

Last last night this seemed like a clever name, with a play on words [whoa/woe]

Some advice, please:
1. Should I do "painwhoa" or would "painwhoas" be the better pun? Even though "whoas" is a stretch, I think. Not to mention the crudity that might pop into some peoples' minds. I do ask myself if that crudity would actually help with getting visitors to come to my site?
NAW... my VPP would make them leave quickly...
2. Do I need to add to the name? Like "ipainwhoa"
3. Did the hours I spent yesterday, with the ensuing headache, trick me into believing I'd hit the ideal name? Am I really offtrack here...

I do appreciate the feedback I've received...

p.s A new thought" I wonder if "painwoe" might be a better pun?
#1386357 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:01 pm
I don't like whoas, it can be read as "who as" I like woe however I think you need to think more about branding. Play on words is fine, so long as it is clear and understandable as to what play is being made ;)

I think this post by Ken is important to read: https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1386205#p1386205 He gets to the heart of most of the domain naming issues everyone faces.

Debs
#1386442 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:58 pm
Perhaps branding with Xbackpain ... extra meanings too - ex as in Bill's suggestion, but also extreme backpain - then the X as a crossout backpain. I can envision a lot of options for a brandable logo with this too.

Debs
#1386524 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm
Are you writing about all pain or just backpain? Remember keep it brandable to your niche. Now if you want to perhaps expand from back pain, add another pain here or there (once you OWN your smaller niche), then the more generic xpain may work. Don't use 'guide' just to use it, or add another word ... under 10 characters, brandable is important as Ken and the Action Guide recommend.

Just throwing a few thoughts out there ;)

Debs