You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1389403 by Marisa from Matinicus
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:00 pm
Hi everyone, I'm working on a site geared to families with children going on cruises out of Galveston.
Here are some domains that are available :
[Domain Private]
Any thoughts would be helpful!
#1389419 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:23 pm
There is a difference between your site concept and your domain name. What's your site topic? What's your VPP (valuable preselling proposition)? Who is your ideal demographic?
#1389439 by Marisa from Matinicus
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:18 am
My audience is a mom who hasn't cruised before, is looking for the best deal because they are traveling with their children. She might be trying to decide between a cruise or trip to Disney World. She needs some hand holding to know where to start booking a cruise, what to pack, what to expect, and how to get the most out of their cruise. It is geared towards families planning Caribbean cruises departing from the Galveston, Texas terminal.
#1389901 by Veronica from Blue Creek
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 am
CruiseFromGalveston, DepartGalveston something like that. You could tie in the Mommy/Family side of your site with your description.

#1389920 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:17 pm
Hi Marisa,

That sounds like an excellent site concept! I've never been on a cruise (they're not as popular in Europe as they are in the US) and I honestly wouldn't know where to start organising one.

Given that you want your topic to be very specific to Galveston (I'm assuming all the keyword numbers etc add up?), I would certainly try to incorporate that somewhere. I thought about simply Galveston Cruises but when I checked, it's already taken, as is Galveston Cruise Tips. Galveston Cruising looks as though it's available, though?

Then I thought about the Glen Campbell song and wondered about something less prosaic, like Galveston Seawinds. Which is a little long and doesn't immediately tell the reader what your site does but I kind of like the concept. Remember too that you should check to see whether the social media names are available. Further down the line I would think both Facebook and Pinterest will be ideal for your niche.

What's your particular take on this which will make you stand out from the rest? Is it that you have personal experience of travelling from Galveston with your family, for example? I'm wondering if that could somehow be communicated too.

#1389930 by Marisa from Matinicus
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:42 pm
Thanks for the feedback. All the ones I had listed were also available on all social media channels. I'm kind of hesitant to put Galveston in the name in case I ever post about Florida cruises. When I read Ken's post about domain names, I understood it to be that having a name with some personality and not necessarily keyword specific would be better for branding, so that's where I'm stuck. My family has a lot of experience cruising with our four kids, and I think it also has decent monetization potential. We are screenprinters by trade, and I plan to offer custom cruise t-shirts and cute travel bags.