You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1323110 by Mary from Mico
Thu May 07, 2015 1:56 am
Hi Susan,

You're welcome. My guess is that you do not want someone else to get the domain name that is so similar to yours. Jackie may have more news. I think that Ken mentioned that Nori has several versions of her domain name.

'Just an idea.

#1326793 by Mary from Mico
Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:22 am
I had a funny moment today.

I re-brainstormed many keywords today and amongst them were terms that looked similar to my site's name, yet without people remembering the N between the Print and the Practice.

I'm almost certain I could not find printing practice as a keyword last year as I was looking for how to describe manuscript writing practice. Poof! There were several versions today, so I added a phrase or two to that effect on one or two pages just in case they're really looking for PrintNPractice worksheets. :shock:

We tried to think of all aspects to this site's name for months, yet this is one that we did not find...

Better now than never. :D

#1352264 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:15 pm
Scott from wrote:I just registered
That's a great name! Good for you getting the .com one, that's much more valuable than the other ones. :D
#1352278 by Mary from Mico
Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:00 am
I love it!

Perfect. And a perfect TEN. Perfect for this thread.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it now that you've had so much excellent preparation. I definitely like it much better than the old domain name with the "misspelling".

Congratulations on an excellent find!

#1352281 by Scott from
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:25 am
Thanks everyone!

I spent hours looking for it. I thought I was up against a dead end. Then :idea: I went through my MKL and wrote down all words that were too long but appropriate and started searching for their synonyms. Bingo again! and were next choices. dogmenu seemed to generic though. But something just wasn't right yet. pretty darned good (11 characters though).

Hey Ken...are you out there? I wish someone would call him for me so I can show off!

Scott and Nimble
#1352413 by Rachel from Sneads
Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:03 pm
Your new URL,, is perfect!! And it's actually much better than because it flows better off the tongue, is catchy, and easier to remember, IMO. Way to be proactive and tenacious!

Two thumbs up! ;)
#1352414 by Scott from
Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:24 pm
Thanks Rachael,

To be honest with you I am very proud of myself...I worked hard for it! :D

When it hit me and I checked for availability I could not believe it was not taken!

Yes, livedogfood is too generic and not me.

My old was a misspelling which I did not know about.

I was kinda hoping Ken would chime in also but I know he is busy as a bee!

Almost done w/home page. I am proud of that too. :wink:

I hope Analyze It! is also!

Scott and Nimble
#1365998 by Lee from
Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 am
OK you guys. I'm not interested in attracting thousands of visitors from search engines. I just want my website to be sort of like a brochure for my business. I will promote it with business cards, flyers, etc. I service swimming pools, teach swim lessons, and do pool parties in the Atlanta area. So I was thinking about the domain name Since that is the over-riding theme. I was going to give away a ton of free info/tips on taking care of your pool. Free info on teaching your kid how to swim...and some free info on throwing a pool party. I was going to monetize by selling an ebooklet on teaching your kid how to swim and how to throw a pool party. What do you guys think?
#1366004 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:54 pm
Lee from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Atlanta] wrote:I'm not interested in attracting thousands of visitors from search engines.
Think bigger. You may not think you need 'thousands of visitors' based on what you're aiming at now, but what happens if you become disabled, too old to do what you're doing, or want to sell the site? There may be a way to 'live' with your ideas now, but make it more valuable for later on.
#1366011 by Mary from Mico
Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:21 pm
Hi Lee.

I love this thread!

I also like Jacki's grand view! She's living the life of what she wrote. I'm glad she posted.

Name? What about

I know it has 11 characters, yet for me it is much clearer what your site would have. Be careful buying the domain from any other than SBI.... Check with Support if you cannot buy it through SBI.

Do you have a local name for your company? You could add that or part of that if you need to have a different domain:

These are just quick ideas. We homeschool and recess is almost over. :-)