You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1275278 by ken-admin
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:22 pm
Help Elf here with an important reminder.

Always keep your domain name's contact information current.

By doing so, you are adhering to ICANN regulations regarding "Registration Responsibilities"... ... /wdrp/faqs

(ICANN oversees domain registration protocol.")

Tucows/OpenSRS will automatically send a validation email to your contact address...

1) If you have registered, transferred or modified the contact information for one or more of your domain name(s).

2) If an email from WHOIS Registry (as part of their Data Reminder Policy) bounces back.

If you don't complete the validation process in this email (a simple click on a link) within 15 days, your domain name will be suspended. Tip: Do the validation as soon as you can.

So where do you check your contact info?

Go to your SBI! account's domain management area...

Log in using the username and password that you received after registering your domain name in DAY 5. (The email's subject line was "SBI! MAIL.") ** It's not the username and password that you use to access Brainstorm It! or Site Central.**

[Note: I've edited this message to give the correct subject line -- SBI! Mail. Help Elf]

If you don't have that login info, please contact Support...
#1275294 by Susan from Ash Flat
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:59 pm
I updated all mine recently, but I'm wondering what happens when we use 'MoveIt!' will the info. attached to the first site where the redirect is coming from still be good enough or is there something else we need to do?
#1275405 by Susan from sunny (read: hot) central Florida
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 pm
Hi Elf, I've just sent an email to support stating that I can't log in from the link in Ken's post (see cut and paste below).

The error:

Error Page

(Invalid username/password entered.)

This is what I sent:

When using the link from Ken's SBIX to check ICANN registration, at the login page from that link, I can't log in. I get the above error. It's not a problem (for me right now) as I'm assuming "all's well" - basically I was "just checking". But with the login link not working, I thought I'd let you all know, just in case other people try and give up.

Hey, it might just be me... wouldn't be surprised.

On another note re ICANN, I did get the usual email which states: "Do nothing if ALL is correct", so I know nothing/didn't see any link in THEIR email... am I likely to be in trouble any time soon and get my site shut down?

#1275412 by Susan from sunny (read: hot) central Florida
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 pm
An addendum to the above: Lesley in support told me that the log in to this area is different from your site/account log in.

I guess I'm a little confused; was the post only intended for NEW SBI users who may have chosen their site name and registered but hadn't checked the ICANN registration email?

If that's what this is all about, then I can "let it go" and get back to work!

#1275420 by Svetlana from Markdale
Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Ok I just spent an hour looking for this email.

The subject of the email, at least in my case, was NOT "SBI! Is Ready for You" but "SBI! MAIL"

I actually was able to find the required user name and password when I searched for

Hope that helps.
#1275448 by Susan from sunny (read: hot) central Florida
Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:06 pm
OMG - I'm going round in circles - Then I can't log in because it says I don't have a BizXpress account... ??? WHAT???

I give up for today.
#1275455 by Lois from Flowers Cove
Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 pm
I guess I'm a little confused; was the post only intended for NEW SBI users who may have chosen their site name and registered but hadn't checked the ICANN registration email?

perhaps the original poster would confirm this...that would help... :)
#1275470 by Susan from sunny (read: hot) central Florida
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14 pm
Hi there, Lesley sorted me out! All's well. :-)
#1275504 by David from California
Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:19 am
I don't remember seeing anything that mentioned a validation process.

What I recall was something like, if your information has changed, update it.

What is the validation process???
#1275505 by David from California
Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:20 am
Here's what their site said:

If your information is correct, your domain name will not be cancelled and you do not need to take any action.
#1275797 by Susan from Australia
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 am

None of my details have changed. I am still receiving emails telling me domain will be suspended in two day's time! Lesley, if you are reading this, my emails to you are now bouncing back.

I have not received an email asking me to click on a verification link either. :?
#1280408 by Support Admin from
Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:08 pm
SiteSell Support Update.

Support has had a number of interactions with SBIers regarding the suspension
of their SBI! or NPI! domain(s). However, while investigating the scope of the
suspensions we determined there are a number of SBIers who have not contacted
support and may not be aware of the suspension of their domain(s).

For this reason, we have taken a proactive action to get those domains unsuspended
and live again. The registration contact for those domains still listed as suspended
has been updated to an internal SiteSell address. The domains were verified and are
no longer suspended.

Support is in the process now of individually contacting the owners of those domains,
using the SBI! account e-mail contact (so I hope everyone has at least updated that
information as necessary ;) )

The e-mail will explain what has happened, alert you to the fact that your domain
registration needs to be updated and provide instructions on how to do that. Once
you update the contact information, you will be sent a verification e-mail to confirm
it is a valid contact, in compliance with ICANN's new stricter requirements.

Moving forward, anytime you make changes to the registration contact information,
a verification will be sent. So, please keep an eye out for it. The only exception is if
an e-mail has already been verified (i.e. the address is associated with another domain
you have registered and has been verified). In this case, no verification e-mail is sent.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your domain management login is NOT the same as your
SBI! login for security reasons. Domain registrant information is managed in a different
interface for your protection.

Although we provide this information in our documentation (i.e., order confirmation,
your My Account area, the forums, annual reminders, etc.) it is sometimes still

Much of this following information is in Ken's original post here, but I'll mention
it again...

You received the login in your SBI! MAIL post domain registration e-mail. For NPI!
domains it will be in the post registration e-mail with subject line "Your NPI! domain
has been registered." If you no longer have that e-mail, please contact support and
we will re-send it to you...

Support has been working as quickly as possible to get domains back up. However,
the issue is preventable with just a little housekeeping on your end!...

It may be a proactive measure on your part to check that your contact for
your domain registration is still valid. We periodically send you an e-mail to
remind you to update your contact information in the WHOIS database.

If you do not have privacy enabled, you can check the registration directly at

Just enter your domain name (no "www." at the beginning)

If you have privacy enabled, you can log into the domain management area
directly, using the login for that interface from the SBI! MAIL e-mail (or "Your
NPI! domain has been registered" e-mail)...

Alternatively, support is happy to check it for you and assist if necessary
with instructions to update the information.

Additional Note: If you see that your registrant and/or administrative contact
is a address, you are among the group of domains that we have
verified for you. You should be receiving an e-mail from support in this case.

All the best,
Head of SiteSell Support
#1280425 by Mary from Mico
Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:55 pm
Hello Cheryl.

I've found my newer passwords by searching my email account for

Yet this did not yield the password for our older site (2009).

After searching back through 600 emails back to the original purchase of our larger site I find that it does not have this special password.

Can you offer a search term for finding this new password? If I find one, I'll post here.

Thank you,