You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1326166 by David from Lomita
Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:56 am
I thought it was some sort of slang saying, in the way that it was used .... very sorry.

I'm a hopeless dog lover .... I recently posted a comment on my FB page indicating "I can never remember any of my neighbors' names, but I have never forgotten a dog's name!

Thanks for clarifying,

David ..... Ziggy & Fritzy (my guys)
#1335868 by L. Amber from Mineral Bluff
Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:17 pm
I got email from saying

"Congratulations on registering [Domain Private]. Remember to have your site listed with the search engines as this is one of the most important things you can do for your new site.

You can register your domain name with Google, Bing, Yahoo and over 300 other top search engines by clicking the link below:"

I'm assuming that is NOT part of SBI, and I don't need to do this, but I wanted to check in.

Also, I got a phone call from them or someone else trying to get me to buy their service to do essentially what SBI does. He used high pressure tactics. I suppose they got my number from the public registration record.

#1372389 by Mike from Leicester
Mon May 29, 2017 3:36 pm
I know this thread is a couple of years old but I have just registered my domain. I have been with SBI for a week now and for the first time I am thoroughly disappointed. I have registered lots of domains before and always had domain privacy features. Since registering this hours ago I have had 3 spam phone calls and 72 emails.

#1372423 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 pm
Hi Mike,

Log into your domain management account (DMA) and set up privacy there. It is available and will stop the emails. You would have received info/logins for the DMA in one of your emails from SiteSell re: SBI! when you registered your domain.,

#1372425 by Mike from Leicester
Mon May 29, 2017 9:01 pm
I have now found that thanks but it is actually too late to do it after registration has completed. It should be done at the same time so name/email etc are never available.
I set up privacy and am still getting lots of emails.