You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1391882 by Gale from
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:51 pm
Hi Everyone.

Best Practices have changed a lot since I last built a site. So I would really appreciate help thinking through a domain name for a new site. This will be a real estate site for my husband. The location of his real estate business is Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. Although it's not strictly a retirement community, about 60% of the property owners are age 65 and up. It is also home to younger families with children. But our ideal customer would be someone close to retirement. Locally, Hot Springs Village is sometimes abbreviated HSV but I doubt that many outside the local area would know that. But any name with Hot Springs Village in it is likely going to be too long for a domain name. With all that in mind, here's what I've come up with so far:

I'd appreciate thoughts on these as well as any other ideas. I'm having a hard time coming up with something that has pizazz and is brandable while still keeping it short and related to the site comcept.

Thanks so much. And it's good to be back.

#1391901 by Gale from
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:43 am
Hi Jackie

Yeah. None of them really grab me either. I have read the TNT article about choosing a domain along with the relevant section in the AG. It's hard for me to think outside the "site concept box" because that was the best practice for years. I will check out the forum thread you suggested. But I also do wonder if I'm getting too hung up on the pizazz factor. Maybe some businesses (like working as a real estate agent) don't lend themselves to snappy, brandable names? Any thoughts?

#1391936 by margarita from USA
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:59 pm
Hi Gale I thought of one!

It's the best I can come up with. I hope you think of one as some of the good ones are already taken but hope all the best for you :D