You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1393726 by Victoria from Gisborne
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:48 am
Hi, I'm new to this but I'm looking to create a site that helps people with Public Transport - how it works, tips and guides on using it. This has come about because as a bus driver I keep getting asked the same questions from both locals and people that come into both the international and domestic airports. My original site will be about my home city of Perth Western Australia but I like the idea of adding different Australian cities as I have time to do the research on them - assuming that my site for Perth is viable...
I'm very reluctant to use Perth in the domain name as I think it's too limiting but I don't know whether I should just do individual sites for each city and not have one name to cover everywhere even though that is my preference and I know it's possible as other sites show that i.e. Menulog etc so I do believe I could have a one name "Brand" and then a tag line for each city. Any input would be appreciated. At this stage I really don't know where to start :(
#1393784 by Mary from Mico
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm
Hello Victoria.

I would stay local, especially if you would create other sites if the Perth site were viable. In this you have already answered your question.

I am surprised that you already have a domain before you have this question settled. It is very important to read the Action Guide for each step, even watching the whole AG, then "doing" it step by step. This way your plans and direction are much better set for building your blueprint.