You need a domain name that fits your niche, has your VPP, and that is short, catchy and brandable (see DAY 5 for ALL of the elements of a perfect domain name). Need help? Post here to get feedback on the Perfect Domain for your Solo Build It! business.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1393785 by Gary from Oklahoma
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 pm
Hello Everyone,
I’m asking for help again. I’m on day 5 and working on domain name selection. My Site Concept Keyword is “Home Remedies”. Most of the keyword searches will be “home remedies for (specific ailment)”.

I have found several domain names that are available and are also available for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more. I think those three will be the main Social Media sites for this niche.

The following domain names are available: 1. 2. 3. [Domain Private] . I have checked these in but have not yet checked for trademark issues or .

I am leaning towards because most search phrases will have multiple remedies available and my thinking is to list each remedy with pros and cons... This would be a review format with links to supporting documentation if the searcher is interested.

I am a rural pharmacist for 50 years plus, mostly retired at this time, … Who has given daily advice about health issues for many, many years… Often utilizing what was available in the household rather than requiring a trip to town. (I guess that’s kind of my VPP).

Demographics for “home remedies” is primarily female, 35-65 years of age. That is based on information.

Any recommendations on which of these three domains to pick or should I look further? All input will be appreciated.
Thanks for your assistance,
#1393786 by Catherine from
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 pm
This is just my opinion-- you'll need to balance with others, but I am (almost) in your demographic. I like both Remediesreview and rememdiesmentor. ('Facts" is OK but sounds less inviting to me.) I really like your VPP. If you can illustrate some of your recommendations with stories from your years of experience, that will add a great deal of personality and value that big companies and technical sites can't offer. :D

Good luck!-- Cathy
#1393791 by Bonnie from Boneville
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:20 am
Hi Gary,
Out of the 3, I like the mentor option by far. To me, the 1st two feel like they are missing the personal aspect that you are going for. :-)
#1393800 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am
Good morning, Gary,

I agree with Cathy and Bonnie. I am in your target demographic and love the mentor idea. It speaks to me of someone who will, in a friendly yet professional way, guide me through a minefield of otherwise confusing information.

I love this site concept! You have exactly the experience (your "About" page will be critically important and, I'm sure, a fascinating read). I will be one of your followers, for sure!

#1393824 by Gary from Oklahoma
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Cathy, Bonnie and Cath,
Thanks for your response. Your input really helped. RemediesMentor it is.

Thanks to each of you,
#1393892 by walter from Bednesti
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm
Good morning Gary,

This is the first time for me to write something on this forum, even though I've been running my SBI website for 9 years now.

I am writing to you because we are in the same position now. We have both just started a new website, and as we progress and encounter common issues, perhaps we could be of help to each other.

My 9-year-old site (serving my Toronto Hypnosis Clinic) is [Domain Private], and will be devoted to self-hypnosis through the practice of daily affirmations.

You may think: What is this guy talking about? He's been running a website for 9 years and expects some help from a newbie?

Well, yes ... That's exactly what it is, and I'll tell you why.

My website has been serving as a "face-to-face", patient-traffick generator for my business named Toronto Hypnosis Clinic. The site-concept-keyword is Toronto Hypnosis. The website used to show up on the 1st page of the searches, under the search for "toronto hypnosis" for a long time, but as the competition in this area has become fierce, and as I've stopped writing, it doesn't show on the 1st page of the searches anymore under "toronto hypnosis" keyword. Today, I found it on Chrome, at the top of the 3rd page. But it doesn't matter because it still shows up on the first page of the searches for: "fear hypnosis toronto", "depression hypnosis toronto", "anxiety hypnosis toronto", "anger hypnosis toronto" - and this is what my clients / patients are searching for. They are interested in resolving their particular / specific problems.

I am in basically the same position in which you are now, because all I've done for my website for the past 9 years was just writing, writing and again writing. I've not incorporated into it any of the SBI features (not even the SBI email).

I have never made any effort to grow the traffic except writing. I am not on Facebook or Tweeter, or any other social platform. There has never been any need for it, as the website has been generating enough of the local traffic, and that was all I used to be interested in.

Today, however, I am semi-retired and not interested in seeing as many people as I used to see earlier. I want to create a new website that would serve me in two ways: as a creative outlet for writing (which I love to do) and the passive income generator.

This means that I am interested in generating as much traffic as possible, and in this area my experience is ZERO. This is why (I assume) that we are in the same position, in spite of my 9-year-long engagement with SBI.

Please let me know if you would like to connect wit me directly. You can go to my site and access my email there. Don't know if this forum allows for the posting of an email. Will type it here and see what happens.

dr.walterorlowski (only something like this so spiders don't eat it up)

Have a great day!
Am waiting for your email.