Ask questions or offer tips on "supporting site pages" such as About Us, Visitor Sitemap, Terms of Use, Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, etc. Also ask or help regarding copyright protection ... what to do, how to avoid infringement, and how to enforce your copyright/Trademark. "Intellectual Property" is an important part of building business equity - be sure.

Moderator: Elly from professional-counselling.com

#1313349 by Attila from Chestnut Hill
Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:27 pm
Hi,

I`m going to create a method to change beliefs that will be based on certain smaller parts of other people`s (possibly) copyrighted methods. By the way the methods they themselves use are based on other (possibly) copyrighted methods (such as CBT and NLP both of which might be copyrighted) at least in part . My method based partly on aspects of theirs will be much more than the sum of those parts that I`ll be using from them. I`ll make money on my method either by providing the content for free on my website monetizing it with AdSense and/or creating products based on it.

I`m going to give credit to the parts I`ll be using from each person`s methods. Will I still commit copyright infringement this way if I`ll be making money from my product?

I`d appreciate all professional advice on this that I can safely rely on.

Thank you.

Attila
#1314096 by Coaching Elves from SiteSell
Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 pm
Attila,

You need to talk to a copyright lawyer. This is not a place to take chances when
the fines start at $10,000 per improper use!

Using the right resource is well worth the investment before you move forward.
#1371374 by Locke from Fort Knox
Wed May 17, 2017 10:47 pm
Atilla,

I'm new to SBI! and have a similar question about using the information of others but giving them full credit in doing so (such as writing a journal article and citing your sources).

Were you able to find any useful info re your question? Did you contact a copyright attorney? Curious as to your success before I ask questions myself. Thanks!