Ask questions or offer tips on "supporting site pages" such as About Us, Visitor Sitemap, Terms of Use, Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, etc. Also ask or help regarding copyright protection ... what to do, how to avoid infringement, and how to enforce your copyright/Trademark. "Intellectual Property" is an important part of building business equity - be sure.

Moderator: Elly from

#1394032 by Bill from Talos IV
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:32 pm
I decided to use Copyscape Premium today to scan my site for any plagiarism problems. The cost has always been 5 cents per page, but I learned that on April 2nd the pricing model will change to 3 cents for the first 200 words, and 1 cent more for each 100 words after that. For sites with a lot of long pages, that could be a major increase.

This month might be a good time to check for plagiarism on your sites if you haven't done it for a while. I just paid $17.50 to have my site scanned (350 pages). When the pricing changes I'm sure it would be at least twice that amount.

I used the Copyscape "batch scan" function. To get a list of my pages I used this url:

Have a good one,
#1394038 by Mary from Mico
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:13 pm
Thank you so much Bill.

Especially for all the reminders about getting all of one's urls and the domain.

I've never done this before, yet I may soon. :D

#1394049 by Bill from Talos IV
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Something I just learned is that it might be wise to temporarily remove the Amazon disclaimer from your site before running the scan.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.

It'll cause a LOT of false plagiarism instances if you don't. In my scan, almost every page showed multiple cases of the disclaimer being considered "copied" content. It makes a real mess of the report!

Have a good one,

ps. Debs, Mary... You're welcome!
#1394060 by Bill from Talos IV
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 pm
I don't mind being a guinea pig, Mary!

I re-ran my site through Copyscape after removing the Amazon affiliate disclosure from all pages. The report came out much cleaner, with most pages showing as having no problems with copied content, though I did find a few plagiarists I need to deal with.

Have a good one,