Have questions on how to read the various traffic HQs available in SBI!? Ask away! SE HQ - Need help understanding your rankings? Here is the place to post on anything that's in Search Engine HQ. Value Exchange HQ will help you trade value for value, safely. Image and video search (YouTube) is HOT! Maximize Google SERP returns, sure. But others, too! Click Data is ready to give you the stats for the Link Library (Click-Throughs) and Tracker Library (Click-Ins). Everything search-related - GO!

Moderators: Wendy from Toronto, Elly from professional-counselling.com

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1365001 by Nigel from Weirsdale
Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:19 am
Hi,

My niche is very small and I only really have one competitor that covers the same seaside town my site is about.

On a few pages I've written now they have shown as >30 when I have done a keyword update, but on the last one I performed they had improved which gave me some confidence that I was heading in the right direction.

Since the last update I have added content to subjects such as things to do in this particular area, and also accommodation in the area, after performing another update these two areas had dropped in the search engine rankings, even though I had added new and good content and passed the analyse it.

This also happened with an article I wrote about one of the things to do in the area, it was showing as 22 last update on google and now they have dropped the page, when I look at my competitors page for the same subject it has nowhere near the same amount of information as I have and not very good images compared to mine, yet it ranks number 1 on a google search.

I appreciate my site is only 7 months old and to be fair I've only really started to add content since November, am I worrying about nothing with pages slipping or being dropped? I make sure they all pass the analyse it test.

Confidence has taken a bit of a beating after seeing this, so I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

Nigel
#1365015 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:24 pm
Nigel from Weirsdale wrote:am I worrying about nothing with pages slipping or being dropped?
You totally are! Pages are always getting dropped and picked up again. There is not much you can do about it, except to build on success, and make sure that you have great information, and even greater pictures. Keep going :D
#1365071 by Nigel from Weirsdale
Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:16 am
Thanks Jacki

That's made me feel a bit better :)

Cheers

Nigel