Have questions on how to read the various traffic HQs available in SBI!? Ask away! SE HQ - Need help understanding your rankings? Here is the place to post on anything that's in Search Engine HQ. Value Exchange HQ will help you trade value for value, safely. Image and video search (YouTube) is HOT! Maximize Google SERP returns, sure. But others, too! Click Data is ready to give you the stats for the Link Library (Click-Throughs) and Tracker Library (Click-Ins). Everything search-related - GO!

Moderators: Wendy from Toronto, Elly from professional-counselling.com

#1391920 by Nancy C from Elk Grove Village
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:33 pm
This week I'm focusing on a question that's been bouncing around in my head for some time. It's embarrassing that I don't know the answer.

On my T2 pages, I implemented a photo gallery link system to point to the T3's. (Yes, I know, on some T2 pages where it got too lengthy, I gave up on the photo part. This must be fixed, either by making all of them photo links or by dividing a T2 into two T2's.) I also did the photo gallery bit on the home page to point to the T2's.

Generally I like this system, even if mine needs tweaks. The question is: Is it overkill to also use a text link in the T2 page content? Or is it essential to also do the text link within the context of sentences? Can there be too many links from one T2 page to the accompanying T3's?
#1391945 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Nancy C from Elk Grove Village wrote:On my T2 pages, I implemented a photo gallery link system to point to the T3's. (Yes, I know, on some T2 pages where it got too lengthy, I gave up on the photo part. This must be fixed, either by making all of them photo links or by dividing a T2 into two T2's.) I also did the photo gallery bit on the home page to point to the T2's.
I use this method a lot, and I find that the responsive grid set to three cells is perfect for my thumbnail images. As I build a page I routinely make a thumbnail image which is sized to 164x123 pixels (odd size, I know, but it enables me to just use the same dimensions across the board). Then I make this into a link to the page, and also make it a reusable block. Then I use the responsive grid to have three rows, so nine cells. These go at the bottom of most pages. They are not technically accurate because they're a mix of related pages, T3 or T4 even, and back to the related T2.

This system obviously makes several links to certain pages, especially if they're T2 pages and are included in the nav.
Nancy C from Elk Grove Village wrote:The question is: Is it overkill to also use a text link in the T2 page content? Or is it essential to also do the text link within the context of sentences? Can there be too many links from one T2 page to the accompanying T3's?
If you had more than two or three instances of a link to a particular page it *might* be seen as spamming, but if it helps the visitor, that should be your focus. You can link in context, but it's not essential. Personally, I prefer the links mentioned in the text at the bottom of the page. UX is prime. That means 'User Experience'.