Learn how to use Clickbank to sell e-goods ... know how? Help others over the learning curve!

Moderators: Elly from professional-counselling.com, Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1338516 by Susan from Hermon
Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:32 pm
Does anyone know anything about this? Apparently I have to add some html to the header of any page on my site that offers a product from Clickbank. I think that includes SBI - is that correct? In that case, should I add it to the sitewide portion of the header so it shows at the top of every page of my site?

Inquiring minds wish to know....

Thanks very much!
#1338519 by Tracy from Roseglen
Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:13 am
Hi Susan,

From what I understand, this only needs to be placed on pages that have a clickbank payment options, such as on your sales page or any page that has a link to a clickbank order form. To me this means that it doesn't need to appear on any pages where I just have a link to someone else's clickbank product, because their sales page should contain the badge.

To get the CB badge, you'll need to log in to your clickbank account to get the code. Once logged in, you'll have the option of where the floating logo will appear on your page. You can find out more about it at:

https://support.clickbank.com/entries/9 ... ust-Badge-

They do suggest putting it in the header section of your page, but I chose to place it lower down so that it doesn't slow down the page load speed. You can check it out in action on my sales page at:
[Domain Private].

It appears on the bottom left-hand corner, which I don't really like. But that's the best option for now.

Hope this helps and good luck,
Tracy
#1338543 by Don from Tsiigehtchic
Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:02 pm
Hi Susan,

Tracy is correct. The ClickBank Trust Badge is only required on pages that contain a CB pay link. You don't need it on pages that simply have a CB affiliate link.

If you're using SiteBuilder, simply place the line of code that CB generates for your account in the Head Section of your pay-link page, in the This Page Only area. Once the code is added to your page, any changes you make to the CB Trust Badge at the CB site are automatically reflected on your site page within the hour, so you only need to install the code once. It works flawlessly.

I did have it installed horizontally across the top of my site page but opted for the floating tab at the bottom, as it's a bit more visible there, and I was concerned that a CB top bar might interfere with the EU Cookie Widget top bar.

All the best,
#1341333 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:53 pm
Hi Mary Ann,

I'm no code expert; but I saw this in the source:

<script src='//cbtb.clickbank.net/?vendor=maboysen'></script>

The source of the above link doesn't appear to be properly set up, I think it should be:

<script src='http://cbtb.clickbank.net/?vendor=maboysen'></script>

Try that and see if that helps. If not, go back to the other. Perhaps someone
else can see something I don't. ;)

All my best,

Debs
#1341349 by Don from Tsiigehtchic
Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:17 pm
Hi Mary Ann,

The JavaScript code you've placed on your site page appears to be identical to the code that's working on mine, and I cannot see why yours won't work. All I can suggest is that you copy and paste the code obtained from ClickBank into your site's product pages again, above the closing header tag, so you're 100% sure it's correct. ClickBank also says, "If you are unable to edit the header of your page, the JavaScript Snippet can be placed anywhere within the html on your page and the badge will be returned," so you might try removing your code from the header and placing it within the html to see whether that makes any difference. Then, if it's still not functional, contact ClickBank support. It's important that you get the problem resolved quickly as ClickBank has begun removing accounts without the Trust Badge displayed on product pages from its marketplace.

I wish you success,
#1341365 by Tracy from Roseglen
Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:27 pm
Mary Ann,

I check the pages you had listed and the trust badge is showing up on my computer, so it looks like you got it fixed.

Tracy