... SOME fabulous-sounding product or resource that could be of use to your online business? Here's the place to share something new that's NOT yet in the HQs yet. ...UPCOMING conferences and get-togethers being held near you? Mentorship threads? (ex., WAHM, 20 something, 50+ and more)?
... BUSINESS for sale? This is the place to buy/sell businesses! :-)
SBI! builds businesses with real value (EQUITY) - there have been sales with valuations in 6 figures here! Please read the Buy/Sell Guidelines in the FAQ first (requires use of the official template).
... If you "heard about it" and it fits one of the above, post it right here!
... NOTE: Please post challenges in the most appropriate forum for your challenge topic. Thanks very much.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1390103 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:43 pm
The Plan Your Socks Off Challenge: links to days.

This is a 5 day planning and goal-settingChallenge. If you want to find each day without reading through everyone's posts, these are the links.

Day 1: Allow yourself to dream.

Day 2: Identify your devils and angels.

Day 3: Planning the year ahead.

Day 4: Narrowing your quarterly goals.

Day 5: Planning Your Weekly Destiny.

Day 6: Your Daily Action Steps.

Good morning, SBIers!

So, it's a brand new year -- may it be a happy and prosperous one for us all!

But wait -- something's missing in that sentence.

It's all well and fine to wish and hope that the New Year will bring good things. But without a solid plan in place, can we really expect it to? In the wise words of John F Kennedy:

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction".

So. you have a solid plan in place, right? Something that addresses this thought in Ken's New Year post:

"...What are your goals and what priorities are you setting to reach them? Make notes, write your answers down (even if you don't post them here), and then "just do it" accordingly!"

What's that? You don't? Or you have a plan but you're not sure about "solid"? Or maybe you thought you'd "just do it" by the seat of your pants, as the wind blows you?

Well, I'm here to tell you you're in the right place! Because on Monday, 15 January, right here in this thread, we'll be starting a brand new Challenge: the...

2018 Plan Your Socks Off Challenge!

This will be a short (5 day) Challenge, so that by the end of next week you could have a clear idea of where you want to go in 2018 -- and where you're planning to be at the start of 2019!

This Challenge is for you if you...

• have no idea what your priorities should be in the quarter, half year and year ahead
  • have a vague idea of where you want to be, but nothing concrete in place
  • totally agree with Ken's post but you have no idea where to start
  • or indeed if you do have a plan in place and you're willing to share how you go about it with others.

I'll be leading the Challenge, and will have a short input each day including some downloadable templates for anyone who'd find them helpful.

But I don't have all the answers! So this Challenge will work best if everyone is prepared to share your own recipes for planning for success -- whatever success might mean for you.

So - join me here on Monday, January 15th, and let's plan our year together!

#1390115 by Leslie from High River
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:13 pm
Really looking forward to this challenge. It will be hopefully fun to work together with all of you and learn with each other...
#1390134 by Judith from Quarryville
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 pm
Yes indeed Leslie and thank you Cath!

I am feeling over-burdened with so many things in my plan. Learning some "realism" in my planning will be something I will be looking for next week. I think it is good to over plan somewhat, but to control my enthusiasm will be the key for me! :shock::D
#1390157 by Dee from Cape Cod
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:06 am
Hi Everyone -

Cath, thank you so much for leading this challenge!

Do I have a plan? You betcha! And it's all written down ... scribbled on a stack of 3x5 cards on my kitchen counter, sundry scraps of paper in my car, and PostIt notes stuck all over my desk and computer monitor. (What? That's not a plan, you say? :lol::lol::lol: )

Seriously. I have so many things I've been intending to do and trying to finish. But lately I seem to have the attention span of a gnat. :roll:

I get part way through one of my must-do projects, then Google decides to send me a ads.txt notice, or a fancy new Pinterest AG is released ( :D ), and there goes my day.

My goal for this challenge is to get some organization and focus back into my business life - and to actually finish this challenge. Thankfully, it's a short one! :wink:

I'm so looking forward to ending the upcoming week with an honest-to-goodness plan, written on a single sheet of paper. Bye bye, tattered 3x5 cards, paper scraps and PostIt notes. Hello, real business plan! :D

Have a great weekend, everyone. See ya Monday ...

Best Regards,

#1390161 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am
I'm in.
This challenge is a natural companion to the "Move Your Business Forward a Goal a Week!" one.

I have a general idea of where I want my new business to be in one year. I will be using the AG as my guide. But I will need help, advice and feedback on the specifics. I need to find the actions that will give me the most leverage.

There is only one rule that I will follow this year. The 4 hours during weekdays from 9am to 1pm will be devoted to the ONE thing that I can do, such by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary. (That's not my idea, I swiped it from "The ONE Thing" by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan. )

I'm only setting aside those 20 hours because that's what I can COMMIT to. I know that most days I will also have the afternoon hours available to work on my business. But after 1:00pm I will gladly make time for family, friends and other things that make life worth living.

We all have to juggle 5 different things. There's Work, Family, Friends, Health and our Integrity. Work is a rubber ball, it can bounce. You can drop it altogether and then pick it up again. The other 4 are glass. Fragile. They will break, shatter or be badly damaged if you drop them. (yes, I stole that thought too).

I'm planning my time off first. Spending time with my husband. Taking Mom shopping or wherever else she wants to go. Exercising. Healthy Cooking. Vacations. Long weekends. Sleeping. Crafting.
#1390167 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:42 am
Loving seeing so many friends and colleagues here already! Thank you all for your enthusiasm - I'm looking forward to Monday, too!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

#1390169 by Rhonda from Vineburg
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:17 pm
Just what I need! I've only got a few pages up, and am already starting to wonder what to tackle after I have a decent amount.Being a habitual planner and list-maker, this topic is perfect for me. Looking forward to sharing ideas and getting new ones. Thanks!

#1390171 by Maria from Agness
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:35 pm
Ok I'm in,
I've been neglecting my site for a while and there are so many things that I need to get on with that I end up not doing much of anything because it all feels too overwhelmong.
Hopefully this challenge will help me create a plan I can stick to and help me move forward.

#1390188 by Susan from Australia
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 pm
I'm going to be in this as much as possible. Web connectivity is still iffy as we are travelling. Thank you for the opportunity!
#1390190 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 pm
I need this. I use the fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants method of planning, and it's getting hard juggling all the balls. Health status: fragile. Business status: going like a rocket. Both are important, but I'm nothing if I end up a complete invalid.
#1390232 by Holly from Rainbow Flat
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:30 am
Jacki from Macleod wrote:I need this. I use the fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants method of planning, and it's getting hard juggling all the balls. Health status: fragile. Business status: going like a rocket. Both are important, but I'm nothing if I end up a complete invalid.

Hey Jacki... DITTO! I use ALL my energy for my website and then forget the rest... I just run out of time!!! :mrgreen:
#1390274 by Janice from Creede
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 pm
Count me in. I get so confused with goal setting and to-do lists that an organizational structure where I can separate goals from tasks would be really helpful.