Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1392509 by Help Elf from SiteSell
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:16 pm
Help Elf here, with this week's release. A few weeks ago, we released the Text/Image Block, to much acclaim. This week, we make it even better.

Now, when you click on the dummy text in the Text Block, that text will immediately disappear, leaving a clean block for you to paste or enter the text you want to go there.

If you've been avoiding the Text/Image Block because of all that dummy text (yes, it's been known to put some people off their food for a day or two 😉), you'll want to check it out now, just to see the amazing disappearing dummy text.

But read the help first! ... block.html

Feedback and Support

Please let us know what you think, right here in this thread.

As usual, if you have technical issues, please contact Support at...

Until next time,

Help Elf
#1392693 by Katherine T from Swindon UK
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am
Fabulous. Hadn't tried before.
Gratitude btw for the notifications when we go in site central that alerted me to read this post and notice this new option. Yes!
#1392757 by Marylyn from
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:43 am
I'm a bit slow on the uptake but I've just tried the text/image block on my Playground page and I am super impressed!

Thank you everyone behind the scenes for making this possible :-)

Love Ya!

I have one question though, from what I can see, you are unable to put a headline into this block.

I managed to work around this by increasing the size of the text and using the Bold function.

#1392817 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 pm
Yes, Marylyn, that's what I do too. It would be helpful to be able to drag a headline block (or html or whatever) in there - maybe one for the Wish List thread?

#1392865 by Don from Tsiigehtchic
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:08 am
Marylyn from wrote:I have one question though, from what I can see, you are unable to put a headline into this block.

I managed to work around this by increasing the size of the text and using the Bold function.

Marylyn, I once did the same back in the early days, and it turned out to be problematic. I'd hate to see anyone fall into the same habit. One reason is the site page loses its H2, H3, and H4 header tags when text is simply made bold to simulate headers. Granted, the benefit of on-page SEO isn't what it once was, but header tags still add their weight to keywords and topics. Also, by simulating headers with bold text, the weighting benefit of having keywords in bold text elsewhere on the page becomes watered down.

However, the biggest problems arose when I needed to increase the font size of my content and when I needed to change the header colors for a new site design. Instead of a couple of simple clicks in Site Designer for a sitewide edit, it resulted in needless editing of every site page to ensure all text and headers were of uniform size and color. Now, I rarely, if ever, alter font size and color within a text block, and whenever I do, I make a note of it for possible reference later. I hope this is helpful.

#1392867 by Marylyn from
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 am

Thank you Don for that insightful explanation Maybe, as Cath suggests, I should pop a request into onto the Wish List.

...maybe one for the Wish List thread?...
#1393498 by Ron from Hanover Park
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:29 am
I like it. I don't have to put in an extra text block.
Talking about images, I wished SBI would accept photos bigger than 1.5 Megabites. If it did then I would reduce the size of the pics in picnic. I have many shots of 3, 4 ,5 and 10 MB in size.. :)
#1394256 by Shelley from
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 pm
My biggest SBI pet peeve - POOF! Gone just like that. Love love love this enhancement. Thumbs up for making it one simple action.