What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1393774 by Patricia from Cotulla
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:10 pm
Hi, I am new to using SBI and wanted to know if I have a good enough idea to move on. My subject would be about midlife with different areas including: Grandparenting, Gardening, health and travel (to start). What are your thoughts
#1393794 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:32 am
Patricia, it's hard to evaluate a niche for someone else. Particularly if we can't see numbers.

I'd suggest following the Action Guide and just diving in and playing a lot with your ideas, BrainstormIt and your Master Keyword list. Take your time exploring different concepts. Try synonyms and antonyms. Turn your ideas inside out and upside down. Then shake them up some more.

Walk away from the whole process for a few days if you feel you're getting stuck. Go running. Take a shower. Cook your favorite dish. Distracting yourself is a good way to find the best ideas.

And do yourself a favor, don't be stingy with the keyword searches.
#1393799 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 am
Hi Patricia,

My immediate thought is that midlife is a good niche, but trying to cover all those areas would be too wide. Each of them is a massive subject. I would concentrate on one to focus down. As well as following the Action Guide and looking at BI! numbers, as Nancy says, is there one of those areas you're particularly passionate about?

Don't rush this part of the AG. It's the most important decision you'll make (obviously). If you choose a niche you're not really passionate about, building your business will start to feel like hard work, instead of a joy.

My second thought is, sign up for Terri David's webinars about niches and keywords. She does her presentation and then for the rest of the webinar she talks people through issues like this, so it's like getting one-to-one coaching for free.

You can watch one of the recorded sessions, which may help, or find the information about her next live webinars at this link.

I hope that helps - keep coming back here to bounce your ideas around. You will get there in the end!