What other ways can you find to monetize your traffic? Let everyone know what you think of Joint Ventures (JV), Donations, CafePress or other models you have read about or tried (not already discussed above).

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#80213 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:26 pm
Hot topics; great tips and more can be seen in this forum; but the really top ones are listed here for easy access.

Post to the threads linked from here, not in this thread (which is why it is locked!)

Debs
#1076910 by marie from Hennessey
Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but, I had a business contact me and ask if they could pay me to publish one of their articles on my site and wants to know how much i would charge them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should charge. I published one article for someone for $70. Wondering if I under payed myself? I'm only getting max 450 hits a day, and that's just recently this week. I've been stuck at below 300 for months. The big jump is due to my linked in group submissions, and this traffic is from other decorators, not my target market who would by my ebook and purchase my design services. I would use #2. how great is this, they write the content and pay me for it, instead of the other way. But what should I charge, what's the going rate for advertising like this? Thanks.
Here is the request:

Hi there

We are working with a client who are a retailer of DIY Power Tools, they are looking to advertise on websites.
We would be paying upfront for either 6/12 months, please provide your prices for following options

1. You write article - insert our link within
An increasingly popular choice for webmasters is to put our clients link within a new post/article going live on your site. If this is possible, let us know the price to add a link in one of your new articles?

2. We provide article - you publish
We would provide you with a related article to publish on your site. We have many articles underway. Would this be possible to publish on your site, containing 2 links within the content? - If so, let me know if you charge to publish?

3. Homepage or Sidebar Text Link
If available, let me know cost to add a link to your homepage or sidebar for 12 months? (eg: Bosch Power Tools or Silverline tools).
We would also consider a text link within an existing piece of content (blog post/article) on your website.